13- Time Not Space

Bey's POV*

I didn't expect Nicki to respond the way she did. I expected her not to like me back. I guess I just always expected the worst out of everything. Well she never said she liked me back but she didn't say she didn't like me She said to give her time to think about things. I'll give her space for a couple of days I guess.

Nicki's was with her family so I headed over to her. "Hey I'm heading out, I have something important in the morning", I say. She looks confused, "I thought you were coming home with me?". I really wanted to give in and say yes to her. "Nicki I want to give you space to think about all of this", I said with a straight face. "I don't need room to think I just need time", she said. "But Nicki", she cut me off. "We're not making things awkward Bey. If you want to I'll come to your house. I just need to be around you right now", she pleaded. She did her puppy dogs eyes and I like I always did with her I gave in. "Fine Nicki", I sighed. She told her parents she was leaving and surprisingly they allowed her too. "Desmond we'll be going to Beyoncé's home.", she instructs.

We were now at my house on my bed in my room. Nicki changed right in front me like I didn't just tell her I was in love with her. "Now can we talk about this?", Nicki asked. "There's so much to say Nicki. I said I'm in love with you", I spoke proudly. "Beyoncé", she looked away. "No Nicki listen, just hear me out please", I plead. "Don't treat me like those guys that obsesses over you. I never asked to feel like this it just happened. You're amazing and I want to be amazing with you. I want you to give me a chance to show you I can be better for you. I know things will be weird at first but it'll be the same just things a little different", I explained. I couldn't read her facial expression and I hated that. At least if she curved me I'd see it coming. "Beyoncé I have to tell you something", she said. "Nicki it's ok I understand", I prepared myself. "No shut up and listen", her accent came out. I did as she said because she seemed serious. "I didn't tell you because I was scared but I like you too. And I want to see where this'll go to. But if we do this don't break my heart please", she sighed. "Nicki I won't I swear. You know I can't leave you alone baby", she blushed.

The Next Day:

Nicki's POV*
I can't believe the night I had yesterday. My crush/bestfriend told me she liked me too. I was really excited about all of this, I really was. Until I thought about having to tell my mother about this. She loved Beyoncé and she tolerated her but this would literally kill her. Me her only daughter, not getting married to a man like her mother and grandmother did. I couldn't worry about this right now. I needed Beyoncé to take my mind off of this. Wait, where was she? She wasn't in her bed and I called her name so she wasn't downstairs. I called her phone twice and she didn't pick up. The only time Beyoncé ever did this was when she ran off for days at a time. Why would she do this? I tried calling her again and her phone went straight to voicemail. I started to pant around the house back and forth. To ease my mind I decided to take a shower. I was in their for over a hour trying to find excuses for her. Beyoncé promised me she wouldn't leave me again, she promised! Why would she do this right after she said she was in love with me? Trying to escape my thoughts I sat on her bed in my wet towel. I heard the door knob turn and to my surprise it wasn't Beyoncé. It was a little boy that I have never seen before. "Beyoncé said she has food downstairs", I covered myself up. He laughed and walked out of the room. I was relieved to hear Beyoncé didn't leave me again. My entire mood changed at that second.

I rushed some clothes on and rushed downstairs. As soon as Bey came into my sight I hugged her so tight. "Someone missed you", the kid said. "Shut up. Anyway hello Nicki", she laughed at the kid. "Hey where were you?", she asks. "I told you I had somewhere important to be this morning.", I frowned. "Did someone miss me?", she smiled. "Yes but I thought you left me again", I frowned. "No more of that Nicki. I said I was here to stay and I meant it. Now come put some food on your stomach", she kisses my forehead. "I can see you told her?", the kid smiled. "Junior shut up", she nudges him. "Tell me what", I questioned. "I knew you would chicken out. Beyoncé has a big crush on you but she's scared to get rejected", he voiced. "Oh she didn't get rejected", I winked at her. "Well damn Beyoncé you actually did it after all this time, you've made me proud", he made me laugh. Beyoncé fixes our food as we all made one another smile.

"So Junior how did you meet Beyoncé?", I ask. "I met her through a mutual friend actually. One of the most brilliant people I know", he said. "Oh stop", she smiles. "Well it's true I lost my mother and father and Beyoncé just makes life worth living.", she got quiet. Bey looked like she was tearing up as he said those words. "She really does huh?", I smile. "Stop making me all emotional dude", she laughed. We continued to eat and to get to know one another. I learned that Junior was someone Beyoncé really cared about other than me. It was actually really nice seeing her all happy and stuff.

Beyoncé went out to get ice cream for all of
us. I was here with Junior who was keeping me entertained. "So I got a trick. Would you like to see?", I nod. He pulls out this coin and puts it in my pocket. "Now give me your hand", he instructs. He rubs my hand with his and says, "Now check your pocket". I reach into my pocket and find the coin still there. "I guess you're just not magic", I laugh. "Oh I'm magic alright. Check your wrist and your pocket again", he smirked. I checked my pockets and wrist to notice my wallet and my Rolex gone. "You're pretty good", he gives them back. "I mean I try my best", he made me laugh. "So where'd you learn that", I ask. "You pick things like that up where I come from", he smiled. "So you're a thief?", I ask. "No that's dishonorable. I'm a solider of many trades I like to say", he smiles. "Well as long as you're doing something", he smiled bright. He reminded me somewhat of Beyoncé.

"About you and Beyoncé are you her girl now?", he asks. "I don't know yet, we're working on that", I admit. He face palmed himself like I said something wrong. "Don't you see she's in love with you already? She talks about you all the time, she whines to me about how these dudes hurt you and all.", he explained. I didn't know Beyoncé likes me like that.  "I think she liked you before she knew but that's between us.", he winked. "Well I like her too and she's all I talk about too", I smiled. "I'm trying to get like Beyoncé for real", he made me laugh. "You know you act just like her.", I inform him. "How's that?", he questioned. "You talk like her and you have big dreams like her, it's cool", he smiles. "Well my dream is to be like her so I guess so", he spoke. "When I get rich and stuff I'll give Beyoncé everything I have", he looked off. "Why?", I ask. "She's risked her life for me and she puts everyone before her.", I agreed. "Wait! That's your bestfriend you should know this lady", I laughed. "You're right and I do. And I'm not that much older than you. Wait how old are you?", I question. "I'm 14 years old and counting Onika so yes you're a lady", he made me laugh. This kid was fun to be around and he put you on your shit, I like it.

We had now all had our ice cream and was all sleepy.  Beyoncé was gone again to drop Junior off at home. She took a while to pick him up so I'm guessing he lived far. I was getting extremely tired so I fell asleep.