12- Its Lovely to be Lovely With you

Bey 's POV*

If I don't know any better I'd say Nicki likes me. And I mean like me like, that kiss said a lot. Maybe I was misreading things though, I do that sometimes. It was nice seeing her vulnerable like that. Even though I see her like that a lot as her best friend, it's just different when you're in love. I had a plan where I was going to tell her I like her soon, real soon. I did my hygiene routine and put on my boxers and a t shirt and headed downstairs with Onika.

She was on the couch cuddled with a pillow watching Netflix. I swear that girl could watch some Netflix. "Can I be your pillow?", I ask. "Come here, corny ass", she laughs. She puts her head in my chest and I feel all my problems leave. This is what I wanted in my life, Nicki. More than best friends or just casual sex. I wanted more and I needed more with Nicki. As I drift into my sleep my thoughts fade.

Bey's POV*

I wake up with the thought of the ball on my mind. Before I did anything I had to pick up my suit from Ellen this afternoon. Nicki and I were still being lazy on the couch from last night. NO, we didn't do the nasty we just chilled. "So about tonight what's going on? Do I see you or?", I ask. "I'm going to my house to get ready and you'll stay here", she spoke. Why couldn't I see her before? "Wait so I can't see you before?", I ask. "No. I'll be in a car and they'll send a car for you then we'll meet at the ball", she explains. "Oh, so this fancy", I laugh. "It's important to my parents you know that", she sighs. Someday Nicki was going to have to have some important things to herself. "I won't let you down and all but bestfriend be on time please.", I laugh. "I will be on time", I laugh harder. "I'm serious", she nudges me. "You like hitting on me huh?", I ask. "Maybe?", she smiled. I looked at her and couldn't help but smile. "Onika", I face her. She looks at me with that innocent face and I just feel myself blushing. Nicki has me wrapped around her finger and she doesn't even know it. "I'm glad you asked me to go even if I was your back up.", I spoke softly. "Stop it come here. Thank you for saving my ass ok", she hugs me. Her phone buzzes and she sighs so I'm assuming it's either Meek or... "It's my mom I have to go", she announced. I grabbed her purse and her keys and walked her to her car. "Be safe ok, I'll see you tonight", I close her door. "I love you lots", she smiles. "I love you more", she pulls off.

I put on something casual and headed to Ms.Ellen's shop. "Hello", the clerk smiled. "Yes I'm here to pickup", I say. "What's the name?", she asks. "Knowles", I answer. "I see you here. Ellen has left for the day so I'll have to assist you.", she announced. She went to the back and brought back my suit. "Wow", I said looking at it. "Smooth", the clerk said as she looked it over. I got the suit and headed to my car. As I was driving I got a call from Junior.

"Wassup lil man",I smiled. "Wassup Beyoncé. Did you tell yo lady what the business is", he looked serious. "No not yet. But I'm telling her tonight. So get ready for that  museum visit", he laughed. "Yea right you better man up tonight. Before I be Onika's man", I laughed. "Sit yo horny ass down", I mocked. "See that's why I hang up in yo face", I laughed hysterically. I heard Charles yelling in the background which caused Junior to rush off the phone. "Beyoncé tell her Ight. Maybe I want to visit the museum,", he smiled and hung up. That boy was gone be something one day. I had to save up enough to get him out of there.

It was now night time and I was putting on my suit for the ball. I even put on my best cologne and styled my hair for this ball. Tonight had to be just right with me and Onika, it had to! I checked my phone and I saw I had a miss call from Nicki. "Hey", she answers. "I don't want to go anymore, my hair isn't going as planned Bey", she sounded stressed. "Nicki stop. Look in the mirror, now do you see that pretty ass face that I wish I saw smiling at me right now?", I ask. "Just calm down try a different style and let it all come together baby ok", I say. "Ok thank you. I'll see you there. MWAH!", she kissed the phone. Now that I talked her insecurities away it was time to get amped up. I had to prepare myself to tell my bestfriend how I felt. "I like you, like I like you like you", I said in the mirror. "Naw babygirl you know I'm digging you", I laughed. "Nicki yo fine ass is looking like a snack, let me taste you", I lick my lips. "Too much. I got it this the one", I say. "Nicki I know Im not what you're used to but I love you", I practice in the mirror. "Naw too strong knowles", I smack my self. I kept this going for hours and I still didn't know what was good enough to say. I hear a horn outside and see the limo waiting for me. The Maraj family know they went all out. I grabbed my phone and keys and headed in the limo.