3-actions

Bey and I were headed into the school building. Of course Meek had to show me off to his crew. Meek wanted me as his "girl" so he could have the image. He treated me like a queen but as usual that sensation fades away.

"So where's you're girl?", Bey asked. "Yo chill she not my girl.", I say looking for her. "Wait isn't that her?", Bey points. "Where? I don't see her", I squint. "I'm fucking with you", Beyoncé laughs. "You play too much", I punch her arm. "Dang bestfriend I'm sorry. But you gotta stop hitting me like a man.", she demands. If Bey wanted to she could probably knock the breath out of my body with one hit, but she doesn't because I'm her bestie. "Wait that's her?", I squint. "Damn you right", Bey shouts. Bey country ass in the hallways being loud and shìt. "SHHH!", I mouth. Crissa walks up to us and looks at me funny.

"Why you saying be quiet? We're at school girl", Crissa laughs. I try to chill out because she's right. But if she heard how loud Beyoncé is she'd get it. "Ok. So you have to try out for the team", Beyoncé insures. Crissa shakes her head no to Beyoncé's request. "I never liked to show my skills off Beyoncé. Plus why would you want me to join if you're the star player", she asks. That was a good question, Beyoncé never liked anyone showing her up. She had this mindset where sports were her main priority. "We could use a little more talent on the team. And if you're as good as you say you are then you could help me", Beyoncé reassures. Crissa looks at me and I smile and she looks to Beyoncé who smiles also.

"Fine. I'll join, but who's taking me home after tryouts next week. My mom's going on some business trip", she asks. "I'll take you", I volunteered. This'll give me more time to talk to her, alone. "Thank you", she smiled. The rest of the day flew by and before I knew it, Crissa and I were out for ice cream.

"So, how you liking Texas so far?", I start the conversation. Honestly Crissa was a talker but more with Beyoncé. Maybe because I like her, I'm always loud and chatty around everybody else. I have to break out of my shell and be myself. "I mean it's great but it's nothing like the places I've been before", she says with an thinking face. "Tell me about these places", I say. She scrunched her face as if she was disgusted. "If you don't want to talk about it that's cool", I say in a understanding tone. "No I'm going to tell you. It's just not too much to tell. As soon as I get close to people we just move away.", her face saddens. I place my hand over hers which caused her to blush. "That must be lonely.", I say.

"Yea I've been all over the world and still can't call anyone a friend", her eyes water. "But hey I'm still myself so that's good huh", she fronts a smile. "Well real friends last forever no matter where you are in the world", I say heartfelt. She has the glint of vulnerability in her eyes that makes me go insane. She stared into my eyes for a long time but eventually broke the gaze. "For someone who barely talks around me you sure have a lot to say", she smiles. "Well I had to get to know you first. How'd I know if you were some insane person on the run", she laughs. "True. But you'd have to be pretty insane to talk to me", we both laugh. "Touché", I shake her hand playfully.

Crissa and I were now on the interstate on our way to her house. Crissa's mom was running late so she had no ride home. So I volunteered again to take her. "So I want to be honest with you", I nod. "When I first met you and Beyoncé I thought you was her girl", I laugh. "What? No Bey is my best friend. It's been that way since we were in diapers", I laugh. "Well I know that now but not to be rude. I don't think you like Meek as much as he likes you", she suggests. "What makes you say that?", I asked curiously. She was right, I didn't. If she noticed that easily I wondered how Meek felt.
"It's just your body language. With Meek you're all tensed up and your smile is so fake. Your dimples don't even show like they are when you're with Bey and I", she points out. I didn't know she paid that much attention to me like that. "Not true. I have fun with Meek sometimes. He's actually really nice, he just gets annoyed sometimes", I lie.