Chapter 2

Hey, long time no see. Sorry, this took a while. I was working on Rogue Crew and real-life shit happened. But I put Rogue Crew on hiatus to work on this story a bit. It will be back up once this is done with season 1 of bnha or close to it.

Special thanks to PanicAtTheEverywhere on Discord for beta-reading this chapter

Edit 10/23/2021: Fix some grammar mistakes here and there. As well as to change Stein to Crona's last fake name

Edit 4/22/2024: Fix up grammar and spelling mistakes

__________________________________________________________________________

"When did the quirks first appear?" Stein quizzes Crona as she tries to hit her goal of one hundred and fifty pushups. Crona lifts herself off the ground with both hands and then goes back down the mat.

"2060!" Crona answered as she did her push-ups. As she panted, out of breath, she could feel the sweat dripping down her back. One-twenty she counts in her mind.

"Where?" Stein tested her.

"Qing Qing, China!" She answered. One twenty-two.

"What were the first heroes?"

"They were vigilantes at first!" One twenty-three

"Where was the first hero Pro Hero System established?"

"Rhode Island in America!" One twenty-four.

"How many tried to become heroes?"

"One hundred and eighty-seven people." Stein presses his foot on her back, causing her to collapse to the ground, stopping her internal counting.

"Wrong! Restart back to zero." Crona took in a deep breath, stifling a curse. Damn it she was close to one twenty-fifty...

"Again!"

Crona ran along the sidewalk in Takoba Municipal Beach Park, sneaker-clad feet rhythmically thumping against the ground. She saw a green-haired boy jogging up ahead.

"On your left!" Crona called out and the boy shifted to the right, quirking his head to look and gave her some room. She surpassed him quickly, much to his shock.

Bang!

Crona's arms shake as she holds back Stein's attack with her sword. Marie had shifted to her second weapon form; a heavy-hitting black hammer with gold highlights, Where her tonfa form was a thin weapon the length of her partner's arm with a hilt that wrapped around his knuckles, her hammer form was the opposite. She had a short hilt wrapped in cloth and fit into the palm of Stein's hand, and a hammerhead only the length of his hand.

Stein smirked and pushed against the blade harder, but Crona held firm, not moving an inch and trying to push Stein away. Just as she thought she'd finally make him move, she saw a spark out the corner of her eye and then a joint of pain to her soul.

Zap!

Crona yelped in pain and she was thrown to the ground, "Oww..." She groaned in pain.

"You should have held back, Stein." Marie scolds him.

Stein shrugs, unfazed. "You never know with quirks. One may be electricity-related, able to get past the black blood." He explains without remorse, hauling Crona up off the ground.

"You ok?" He asks her once both feet are planted on the ground, betraying the soft spot he has.

"Y-yeah I can keep going." She told him.