Death: Third step

John had three steps to do right now. First is to check out the enemy, and that's almost done already. The second should be to escape or kill them. Lastly, to find Sofia in the desolate map.

Heh. Unless I die here.

The enemy dot blinked for a few more times, before staying in one position. The thrower is behind the walls, specifically to the right of John.

John silently creeped his away to the wall, effectively positioning himself just one cement away from his enemy.

There's only a few seconds left in the skill, and the red dot has not left the position.

John took out three red cubes, all of them glowing with a faint orange light inside.

Porcibes, one can destroy me pointblank.

Explosives. Each one of those things could melt even the toughest of steel in game if the explosion aftermath is left untouched.

John immediately planted them on the wall, with three of them a meters away from each other.

Hiding at a safe distance, John immediately detonated the bomb, releasing a mini red sun in his vision.

John couldn't feel the heat, since he's just in game, but if it's real life, he would definitely feel the heat of the explosion hitting his face the moment he stands up.

John wanted to check the map if the enemy is still there, but a moment of carelessness would kill him in an instant. This thought only lasted for a millisecond.

John readied his dagger, and leaped forward towards the rising smoke.

John switched the mode from mapping, to 3D feedback.

The circle map on top of his vision disappeared after a static, then the world changed again to the lines and shapes.

I just can't get used to this.

The smoke disappeared from John's vision. He could see the complicated shapes that was created from debris scattered around the place.

John ignored those and focused on the things he wanted to see.

The structures disappeared in his eyes, and only walls and intact furnitures placed his vision.

After only a second, he saw the crouched sword thrower in one of the tables.

The enemy is a male. Judging from the structure of his body, he is wearing a thin iron armor, almost medieval yet modern. A greatsword is sheathed on his back, releasing a silent pressure that surrounded it.

A pity that I can't see colours right now. If so, I could see how cool this character is. John shrugged.

The sword thrower has raised his hands to protect himself from the debris, a silver barrier released from his hands.

The enemy would be occupied for a second with the debris and heat. John launched forward with his dagger.

[Active skill: Heart Stab (Max), is activating!]

[Heart stab: Assassin skill. Attack the vital organ specified to inflict fatal damage in an instant. Only usable when in stealth or not visible to anyone]

[ATK damage has increased by 100% for one attack! (Heart)]

[SPD agility has increased by 200% for 0.5 second(s)!]

John's body glowed silver, then flowed into the dagger he is holding.

John's silhouette blurred for 0.5 seconds, immediately positioning himself above the defending sword thrower.