Seventh step: Nearing last step

After eating to our utmost capabilities, both me and miss Sofia finally filled our bellies to the brim.

Both of us rested out backs against the wall. Though I'm resting my back against my wheelchair.

After a few minutes of resting, we decided to fool around.

Although I called it fooling around, all we did is run around to burn the food, and mostly me parrying all the time from miss Sofia's mischievous hands.

The atmosphere for me was awkward at first, but there's a unique charm around miss Sofia.

I just can't wrap my head around it, so I just let fate take course.

The awkwardness gradually disappeared, and I can safely say that we're now slightly more than an acquaintance?

I'm not sure about a friend though, since we haven't spent any time around besides this time.

After fooling around, we finally decided to rest.

We walked for about a minutes before reaching a small bench just beside a fountain that's still off.

We sat there silently, with miss Sofia at the edge of the seat, with me beside it.

Miss Sofia looked at the fake sky and released a cute noise of satisfaction, like a cat I guess.

She smiled gently and looked at me with clear gratitude in her eyes.

"Thanks, I'm quite happy now."

She thanked me softly.

"You don't have to tell me, your smile just explains it all. Also don't fall in love okay?"

I subconsciously smiled, deciding to joke around with her around for a bit.

True to my expectations, she replied immediately.

"Oh I won't. I want a very big man, and very capable man to marry, not you. Hmph."

Miss Sofia played the part of a tsundere very well, but I guess that's also true in a way.

I don't plan to have romance with my age, since I'm still young.

I also have to stay being a patient until I get my legs straight and working again.

Being with a girl or a lover will disort my current target, and might even make me lose motivation.

There's also time, which I don't have right now.

"Heh, once I get up from this wheelchair, I'm going to show you my big man. No lewd thoughts okay?"

I guess I have the time to fool around a bit again I guess.

...

Another round of fooling around, and we both decided to come back to the hospital.

That's what I'm supposed to do here anyways.

I cleared up my thoughts.

I felt my mood gradually clearing up, and my bottled irritation vanished without a trace.

I'm back to my supposedly normal self.

I guess laugh therapy works when you're laughing inside?

After deciding whether we should checkup at the same time or not, we decided to have different time tables.

Miss Sofia will be first, and I'll be the last.

"Do you really want to watch my treatment? Well aren't you a lewd lady."