Dᴀɴᴅᴇʟɪᴏɴs ----♡ X

"I don't like walking around
this old and empty house
So hold my hand,

I'll walk with you my dear"

»»————>❃<————««

❃

y/n was feeling more down than ever. the thought of just leaving her problems seemed to weigh more than it needed to. she was ready to just end it all. memories of last night seemed to pass through her mind on loop.

yuji had dropped y/n off at home, they both walked in, seeing as it would be best before the rain started again. when they walked in, she immediately noticed her aunt and 'uncle' there.

she stopped in her tracks and did nothing but stare at them. this made yuji finally realize that everything she's been through was probably because of them. he didn't know the full story, and he didn't need to. he was going to protect her.

"ah, I see. you've been out and about with him." disgust laced her aunt's voice. she seemed in a bitter mood, after everything, y/n she'd been only seeing her other aunt, not her. "we didn't raise you to be like this! you've went to shambles after your father died!" she exclaimed, watching how y/n simply took it.

"now, now dear, no need to do such a thing.  after all, she'll be ready to the thing when she's had enough." her 'uncle's' voice rang through her mind and she walked upstairs. even if she was disrespecting them she wasn't going to deal with them. she had had a amazing time out today, only for it to shatter into a million broken pieces.

"you guys shouldn't be talking to her like that!" yuji shouted, making her aunt look and walked towards him.

"oh, but you see she's nothing but a disgrace. she had to be a product of my sister, and even she thought protecting her seemed perfect. it was a lie!"

"and what makes you the owner to decide if y/n's a disgrace or not? she's always been nothing but kind to everyone... she's always been great to people, everything! so show her some gratitude!"

"I won't. not even on my death bed." and with that the two older people walked out but before closing the door her aunt spoke, "and make sure you pay her before dumping her.. it's the least you could do."

yuji had been walking past y/n's door since he's been awake. he wanted to make her feel better. after all, if she didn't come home with him last night she wouldn't have gotten called such vulgar words in disguise.

that's when an idea hit him. he knew if asked her she would agree, after all he knew she had a soft spot for him.

"y/n?"

she looked at her door, stood up, and sat down next to it. she tap on it, signalling she heard him. he sighed out in relief.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go somewhere... maybe?"

she tapped twice, signalling she's okay with that. she grabbed her phone and typed message to him.

'how about a picnic?'

he smiled, and spoke. "sure, we can stop by the shops and stuff and buy the food. and if you have anymore ideas I'm willing to hear of listen." 'much like how you listen to me go on and on.' he thought, keeping that thought to himself.

after getting ready, y/n wore another dress this time, she were in the mood to see it flap around due to the wind. yuji wore what usually wore and they both packed the food for their picnic. after that, their journey started.

-
-
-

yuji had ran up ahead of y/n, she carried the basket that held their food and blanket for the picnic.

he looked back and saw her barely walking up the hill to their destination. he ran down to grab it from her, when he got to her they made eye contact.

it was subtle, but it made him blush and look away. grabbing the basket he ran to where they would be sitting. she let out a soft gasp- almost whisper.

he smiled at her and started setting everything up. of course, he had some help from her- but he wanted to do everything, to make her feel better and not so pressured.

"eat! this is the perfect time to see the sky and all! plus, it's the place where we used to see the sun set." she nodded and did a gentle wave, one that meant to calm down. to which he did.

as they ate, they enjoyed the silence and chitter chatter of the bugs. it was surreal, so much so, that yuji embedded this as his most favorite memory. he stared at y/n, watching as she scanned the area with curious eyes. he was awestrucked, in pure relaxation as he saw her stare where the sun was slowly falling.

she grabbed her phone and turned it on. playing a soft melody as she stood up, she fixed her dress and looked towards yuji. her hand outstreched towards him, he blushed as soon as he noticed she was being the gentleman.

"aren't I suppose to do this?" she nodded, but still held her hand out. he grabbed it and she pulled him up. "am I leading or are you?" she pointed towards herself.

she knew how to dance like this, she had taken classes for this. so, she put his hand on her shoulder, her hand went towards his waist- which made yuji blush- and she gently held his hand as she started moving to the melody that was playing.

as they danced, y/n felt a familiar feeling spread throughout her. it was a warm feeling, one her mother often referred to as love.

the soft sound of laughter made the younger y/n stare at her parents. they danced to the same melody she would soon use. they swayed and danced with grace and happiness.

her mother laughed as her father spoke words of encouragement towards her. telling her that when she gets married she'll be dancing like how they are.

"dear, remember, if you ever feel a warm feeling spread throughout yourself, it's often love. if you find the perfect person, you'll feel it, they often have that affect on you. never push your feelings away."

y/n smiled at yuji.

she felt at peace with him, she felt as though everything she's been through has just been a bad storm that's leaving. she felt as though she were finally blossoming into a youthful woman. she felt everything was possible with him, he made her feel safe. he was the reason she were feeling better now. she finally had the courage to do the one things she's felt the most of doing.

she finally found her voice to speak.

"yuji, can I kiss you?" her voice was soft, and he looked at her.

"sure."

»»————>❃<————««

"or maybe it's the way you
play your games."