xxvii. police station trouble

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
"police station trouble"

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN"police station trouble"

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞ ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

WITH BLOODSHOT EYES AND AN ACHING CHEST, DEREK KEPT HIS EYES TRAINED ON HAVEN'S UNCONSCIOUS BODY IN THE HOSPITAL BED. He made an attempt to prevent his tears falling from his eyes but it was a failed attempt. The warm tears dripped down his cheeks, his chest aching with pain and guilt.

He was meant to protect her and he failed. He promised to keep her safe and protected at all costs. Now here she was, tucked under the white hospital blanket fighting for her life. The emotional distress and pain he was enduring was like no other. Last time he felt this way was when he lost his entire family in the Hale fire. Except this time, he felt it much more worse because he knew he couldn't live without his mate.

He didn't know where or when everything went wrong between them. Nothing made sense to him anymore and he greatly blamed the Argents for everything. He blamed the Argents for brainwashing his girl. He blamed the Argents for twisting the story of the death of her mother and making her a trained hunter. He blamed the Argents for her fighting for her life. But he blamed himself for failing her.

He was meant to protect her, to keep her safe from anything and to care for her. Seeing her in the hospital bed contracted to many machines was a gut wrenching scene. He physically felt sick to his stomach from the guilt and pain he was in. His wolf was full of rage, wanting nothing more than to kill every person who caused her harm. However, his human side pushed through and fell into a deep state of sadness.

"Derek," The soothing voice of Melissa grabbed Derek's attention. "Why don't you go back to my house and get some rest? You need it." The older woman who cared for Haven, gave him a worried look.

He shook his head, never once looking away from Haven. "I'm not leaving her." He mumbled, trying to keep his hearing focused on the calm heart beat of her. "Don't make me leave her."

"You should rest for her. Go to the house, shower, eat and sleep for a little while. She's not going anywhere." Melissa tried to reassure him. But nothing seemed to work.

"I'm not going to be away from her." He told her, leaning back in the chair he was seated beside her bed. "She needs me and I'm not leaving until she tells me so. Which she might do when she finds out."

"It's not your fault, Derek. You didn't know this would've happened to her." She told him, a frown resting on her face as she checked Haven's vitals.

Derek sighed, shaking his head while licking his dry lips. "I wasn't talking about her getting shot."

"When she wakes up I'll tell her, okay? You've been through enough these last twenty four hours. Let me tell her." She offered only for Derek to shake his head, not agreeing with her.