iii. advice

CHAPTER THREE
"advice"

CHAPTER THREE"advice"

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞ ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

HAVEN SAT IN HER BEDROOM WHILE EVERYONE ELSE WAS AT THE LACROSSE GAME. She had decided to stay back, not being in the mood to go the game tonight after being given news she didn't want. Her adoption was denied for a second time and Noah Stilinski was being granted visitation rights. She was hoping the second time in court they would approve Melissa's right to adoption. She wanted nothing other than to be adopted by Melissa. She didn't understand why nothing could ever work out for her. It seemed like the entire universe was against her.

There was nothing else she could do to fight this entire custody battle situation. It was clear the judge favoured Noah and would grant him custody of her once they have enough visitations with each other. There was no way in hell she would do these visitations with him. And she knew what she needed to do to prevent it. Even if it left her in guilt.

She grabbed a duffel bag from her closet, tossing a few pairs of clothes and other necessities she needed. She quickly wrote a note, explaining herself and her hard decision to take off. She folded the piece of paper, walking into Scott's room and leaving it on the top of his bed.

Walking back into her room, her fingers toyed with the necklace around her neck. She closed her eyes as she felt the cool triskele charm between her fingers, reliving the memory of Derek giving it to her. She released a shaky breath, unclasping it and setting it on the night stand by her bedside.

Then, she took off.

Haven sat uncomfortably in the living room with Alice and the other girls. She felt extremely out of place. This was the last place she wanted to be. She started to regret her choice in running away that night but what else was she supposed to do? She refused to give Noah visitations. He had no right to fight for custody when he knew nothing about her like she knew nothing about him. And she certainly didn't want to know him.

"As you can see we have a new girl joining us for the time being. Why don't you introduce yourselves and say why you're here, the usual way when we have someone new." Alice said, looking between all the girls who were seated quietly.

"My name is Sarah, I'm fifteen years old and I've been here three weeks. Been to juvie four times and I'm in for armed robbery and destruction of property." A blonde, fair skinned girl spoke, glancing at Haven who looked away at the next girl who spoke.

"I'm Khai, I'm sixteen years old and I've been here for about three months. I've been in and out of the foster system and I've been to juvie two times for assault and battery." The brunette haired girl beside Sarah explained, not bothering to look at Haven as they knew each other from their previous time in juvie. She was the girl who assaulted Haven.