xxi. romeo & juliet

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
"romeo & juliet"

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE"romeo & juliet"

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞ ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

HAVEN LET OUT A FRUSTRATED SIGH AS SHE WALKED DOWN THE HALLWAY. Just as things between her and Derek were finally getting better and seeming healthier, he just had to flip out on her for not coming back like she planned. It wasn't her fault Jackson managed to escape the police van and she needed to help Allison with the bestiary. If anything, Derek should feel at least somewhat proud of her for trying to help figure all this out. It feels like no matter what she does, Derek is never happy with her. And she was getting sick of it.

She knew he was doing everything he could to keep her safe. Constantly getting angry at her for not telling him or accidentally slipping about their plans wasn't okay. She wasn't sure if he was just being a straight asshole or if this had something to do with the bond. After all, Deaton had explained to her with Derek being an Alpha, all his feelings are a lot stronger. He feels everything more intensely. She wanted to give Derek the benefit of the doubt. But how much of it could she actually take?

She was tired of the constant arguing with him. She felt trapped and suffocated with no way out. Not just with Derek. With everything going on. She wasn't sure how she was still functioning at this point. And she thought growing up on the foster system was hard. Guess God threw her for a loop now in this mess she was in. Though she was quite surprised she hasn't bailed and ran away from all of this. Even if the option did seem at least a little tempting, she knew she couldn't imagine doing that to Derek again. She's already messed up with him a lot. She didn't need to put him through any more.

She was beginning to think maybe her and Derek just needed to take space from each other. Neither of them seemed to be in a good state when being with each other with the Kanima situation. She was too stubborn and eager to help Scott whereas Derek was too hard headed and protective, not wanting to let her do anything. He never seemed to see her perspective and she always got mad and unofficially ended things out of petty anger. She thought they made great progress the day before with her actually communicating instead of getting mad and shutting down. But he had to get angry at one little mistake. She needed to know more about this bond. 

Her footsteps slowed as she heard what sounded like Jackson coughing in the boy's locker room. She was thankful no one was around to see her rush into the locker room in search for her best friend. She was also thankful Jackson only got a restraining order against Scott and Stiles. At least she was still allowed to be near him and see what she could do while Scott and Stiles couldn't. Derek was the only one who didn't need to know.

"Jackson?" Haven called in a soft tone, looking around the empty locker room. She felt chills run down her spine at the eerie feeling she got. Something didn't feel right.