𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 - ᴘᴀꜱᴛ ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ

INTERLUDE — past history

"Jason Quinn," Haven's social worker, Jason, answered the ringing phone in his office. His eyes widened at the familiar and deep voice that came through the other line.

"Ah if it isn't my old friend Jason. What's it been, five or six years? Maybe seven?" The man's voice came in through the other line. "Heard you're back in town."

"Not for the reason you may think," Jason was quick to reply, leaning back in his seat as his hands gripped the phone tightly.

"Such a shame, really, considering you have a very significant skill if I recall." The man voiced sinisterly, a deep chuckle leaving his throat.

"Unfortunately I left it all in the past. Six years ago." Jason's voice seethed, his hands tightening around the phone even harder.

The man just laughed deeply, "Still holding that grudge against us? Should really let it go, Jason, it's been a long time."

"I'm not holding any grudge against you. Just one of you in particular." Jason growled into the phone, ready to hang up the phone but something kept him on the call.

"Well I hope you can push aside your anger for a moment because I didn't just reach out for a catching up talk," The man paused, thinking very carefully at his next words. "I have two problems that I could use your skill."

"I'm not interested." Jason simply replied.

"You're the only one I know who can take down a created known as the Kanima. I've never seen anything like this one." The man explained.

"I'll be more than happy to email you some PDF files to guide you in taking down the Kanima." Jason offered, hoping his old time friend would leave him off the hook. But that didn't seem to be the case.

The man sighed, "I also need help eliminating Derek Hale and his pack. I'm sure you remember Derek, right? The only living Hale member left."

Jason clenched his jaw tight, anger boiling through his body. He couldn't escape this. There was no way he could shy away from his past. When Jason didn't answer, the man continued.

"I'll give you a proposition. You're client, little miss Haven Woods, has been running with the werewolves. Surely you know about Scott McCall being a beta? He was bitten shortly after her arrival." The man explained, knowing exactly what he wanted and would get it no matter the cost.

"Be careful with what you say next," Jason warned.

"If you help me eliminate Derek and his pack, I'll put in a very strong word with my good friend who works for the DA. It'll help with Haven's adoption." The man told him, getting closer in receiving what he wants.

"Is that all you want?" Jason questioned, debating on whether or not to help his old friend. Only for Haven's sake, especially since Noah Stilinski was still reluctant on signing the papers.

"She's in a relationship with Derek, thanks to quite a few sources. If you get her to turn her back against him and hate him, the plan will be easier to accomplish. And I'll let you live the rest of your life, free from being one of the most lethal hunters in the business." The man further explained, knowing Jason wouldn't be able to resist the offer.

Without thinking, Jason replied, "I'll do it. But we're going to do it my way and then I'm done for good with the hunter business."

"Wouldn't have it any other way, Jason. Good talking to you. I'll have my son get in touch with further details soon."

"Great doing business with you, Gerard."

With that, Jason ended the call. He life was about to become even more complicated. But he knew one thing and that was to follow through with Haven hating Derek Hale. Unless she figures out the truth from six years ago.

__________

i didn't plan on updating today but i was too eager to get this one started to shock you all! no, the unexpected enemy wasn't allison or erica or jackson. what do you think jason is going to do?

i had this planned for the book for so long and i love it so much i can't wait to get the drama going. what does this mean for haven and derek? and what do y'all think jason had to do with six years ago?

vote and comment for next update! Xx