xvi. a new bond

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
"a new bond"

CHAPTER SIXTEEN"a new bond"

*slight mature content*

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞ ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

HAVEN WOKE UP TRAPPED IN DEREK'S ARMS, HER BACK PRESSED AGAINST HIS NAKED CHEST. She turned her self around to face him, studying how relaxed and peaceful he appeared to be. She brought her hand up to brush through the strands of hair that fell down his forehead. A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips when he scrunched his face for a split second before it relaxed once more.

She pulled her hand away only for him to quickly open his eyes and look down at her. "Morning." She murmured, her cheeks tinting pink from accidentally waking him up. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"I was already awake." He told her but she could see right through his lie.

"No you weren't." She said, nudging her nose with his affectionately, a habit of hers he'll never get over. "When you're pretending to be asleep, the corners of your eyes are slightly squinted and the left corner of your lips are curved up."

He chuckled, closing his eyes in content. "Guess I'm not the only one who watches people sleep." He shifted his body for a moment to find a more comfortable position. Then he moved her so her head was tucked into his neck under his chin, almost like cradling her against his chest.

"I wasn't necessarily watching you. More of taking note how peaceful you looked. First time in a long time I saw you not carrying such a weight on your shoulders." She mumbled, wrapping her arm around his torso while he tangled his legs with hers. Both of them completely tangled with one another.

"Is that so?" He questioned, unable to hide the smile on his lips.

"Mhm. You can't over stress yourself, it's not good for you." She told him, feeling herself begin to slowly fall back asleep.

"I'll be able to relax the moment this whole Kanima thing is over." He mumbled tiredly, nearly falling back asleep until a loud bang quickly alerted him. He jumped up, keeping Haven shielded by his body only to hear the voices of his three betas.

"What is it?" She asked him, seeing the annoyed look in his face.

"Forgot I had training today." He frowned, wanting to spend all his time with her but he had duties he needed to take care of. It was times like these had he wished he wasn't an Alpha. Or didnt turn anyone. Although Haven was his main priority, he knew his betas needed him more than she needed him.

"I'll see you later then?" She asked, climbing out of his makeshift bed and throwing on her pants. She was already wearing one of his t–shirts so she wasn't gonna bother changing it. Plus he would argue with her for not wearing his shirt so she kept it on, not wanting to listen to him.