𝟹𝟼

F A C E T H E T R U TH

I sit in my room, listening to some music. My thoughts are all the time with JJ, who ignores me now for more than 2 days. I look out the window and see JJ and Pope sitting on the water.

3rd person POV

"Big day, huh?" says JJ.

"We should all be overjoyed." Pope states.

"We are." mumbles JJ.

Pope turns to his friend. "Except you."

JJ turns to Pope as well. "What?"

"What's wrong with you JJ?" he asks, concerned.

"What do you mean? I've been normal to you guys, typical JJ." he smiles.

"Yeah, to us, bro. But there's one person you've been ignoring for days. All of a sudden."

"I don't know who you mean," JJ mumbles, looking away.

"JJ don't play dumb. What happened between you and her?"

"Nothing, it's all-"

"JJ, you've been ignoring her for days, not talking to her. Normally you would have hit on her a thousand times in that time. So, I ask again, what happened?" Pope raises his eyebrows.

JJ sighs. "I slept with her."

"Yeah, we all know--"

"The night John b was in the hospital" JJ interrupts.

"Whoa..."

"And then again." interrupts JJ again.

"You slept with her twice in the last four days? JJ she has a boyfriend what if Rafe-" Pope's eyes widen.

"I don't care about her boyfriend, man," JJ says. "but then I told her I wish we'd never fucked." he kicks his foot into the floor and rests his hands on his knees.

"You what?" asks Pope.

"Yeah, I-I don't even know why, it-it's not even true." replies JJ.

"And why did you ignore her all of a sudden? And you were so rude to her?" asks Pope again.

"I don't know, Pope! Okay? I just don't know." JJ goes through his hair.

"But after you slept together, the night John b was in the hospital, after that you were still like always." Pope states. But then he looks back at the blond. "Wait, when did you get like that with her?"

"I-I don't know. She was at my house, and there was this thing with my dad. He hit her, Pope. She started calming me down and it helped. Really. But since then, I just wanted distance." explains JJ.

Pope gives JJ a smile "Yeah, yeah I see."

"What's there to smile about, Pope?" he asks, annoyed. "What's wrong with me, man?" he sighs.

"You're in love, JJ." smiles Pope.

JJ takes his hands off his head and looks confused at his friend. "What?"

"You're in love, man," he repeats.

"I-I'm not in love, dude." JJ chuckles lightly and shakes his head.

"You're not? Isn't she your favorite company?"

"I mean-"

"And isn't she the one who makes you laugh the most?"

"Bro, I-"

"And when you think of the person who means the most to you, who you would always protect no matter what, who do you think of?"

JJ smiles. "Mia." he says.

"See? From the moment she walked through that door six months ago, you've been in love with her."

"Man..." JJ goes through his hair.

"You just didn't want to admit it, man. But it's true, isn't it?" Pope looks expectantly at his friend.

"Yeah." he chuckles. "I mean, I think it is. I've honestly never been in love before."

"I know, but I also know you are now. JJ I've known you long enough to know that by now." Pope laughs.

"What am I supposed to do now?" asks JJ helplessly.

"Talk to her."

"What do you want me to say I-"

"Just tell her how you feel, bro. For once in your life, show someone your emotions, okay? It'll help." he gives JJ a smile.

"all right. Here goes nothin'." JJ stands up and pats Pope on the shoulder. "Thanks, man."

"Always." He mumbles and pushes JJ away from him. "go now." he laughs.