𝟷𝟷

P A N I C

"And we were right outside, like this" the rooster crows in the background. JJ stands against the wall on the porch of the chateau. "And all we hear is just, "Bam! Bam! Bam!"" JJ punches the air with each 'bam'.

"Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside. All right? And I'm just looking at them, like— wait, first off, look at this shit" JJ walks over to the others and tousles through his hair.

"That's dandruff, disgusting" Kiara says, looking ingratiated.

"Okay, thank you." Says Pope.

"Look at all that. All right? That's paint. At that point, I was just, like.... I'm waiting for death" he paces back and forth nervously.

John b doesn't say a word, still in thought, or even annoyed from just now.

"O-okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Pope questions again.

"Yeah."

"Um did—did you go a good description of them?" Asks Pope. "What did they look like?"

"Yeah anything, anything helpful" Kiara adds.

"Anything we can bring to a police report?" Pope continues.

JJ thinks for a moment, then turns around. "Burly."

"Burly?" Pope interrogates.

"Oh, my God, JJ." I brace my hands on my knees.

"What? You were there too" JJ replies.

"Yeah, I'd give a better description too, except you were hiding me the whole time" I say in an irritated tone.

"That's not really helpful, JJ" Kie looks over at me.

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guys at my dad's garage. I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers."

"Yeah. Yes. No, we know" Kiara nods, as JJ interrupts her.

"--I can tell you with full confidence, these boys," JJ leans back against the wall and pulls out his e-cigarette. "--these killers..." he takes a drag. "--they're square groupers."

I find it hot in some indescribable way when JJ smokes

I find it hot in some indescribable way when JJ smokes. Even though I often think about his health and all, but it just looks damn good.

"They're square groupers, like narco square groupers? Like Pablo Escobar square grouper?" JJ takes another drag at Pope's question.

"Yeah, man." JJ nods.

"You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie."

"Kie, let them have their visions" I laugh to the girl.

"Okay so what does this square grouper look like, specifically?" Pope gets more upset at JJ's unhelpful comments.

"You weren't there bro!" JJ moves closer to the boy on the couch.