Birthmarks & Birthstones

The next morning, it was a breezy and sunny Sunday, with the air smelling like pine cones and waterfalls. The girls had gotten up to eat breakfast, "I'm going out for a minute, keep things in check while i'm gone" Atticus says, hauling a giant duffel bag of noisy things, over his shoulder. "Oh, how mysterious!" Coventry says, sarcastically, as she punches a straw into a AB+ blood bag and takes a sip. "Yeah, where are you going anyway?"Clementine asked. "It's not important" Atticus says, filling up his travel cup with coffee. 

Coventry speeds over, lifting his duffel bag, "then why are you carrying such a heavy bag? you got a dead body in there or something?" she asked. "What's going on dad? got skeletons in the closet that we don't know about?" Clementine asked, taking her waffles out of the toaster. "Something like that" Atticus says, snatching his bag out of Coventry's grasp, and leaving out the front door. 

"That was strange" Clementine said, as she sat down next to Coventry, at the table with her waffles. Coventry turns on the miniature television in the kitchen, "another sight of the symbol of burning bones has been spotted, early last night on exit 27. Just outside a 7 eleven on route 25. This is the first sighting of these sacrificial rituals, that we've seen in awhile. The last one we had found, was contaminated with the bodies of Jonathon Beethoven and Jessica Barrelis. Two teenagers who were just outside the border of Idaho, that were brutally murdered in vain. Please be aware that the footage we are about to show you, is quite brutal and disturbing for certain audiences." the woman on the news says, as they show footage from a helicopter flying above the scene. 

"The bones are an exact match to Jonas Malory, who had just left prison on an account of good behavior" the woman says, making Clementine and Coventry, roll their eyes. "You've gotta be kidding me" Clementine said, slicing her waffles. Coventry pours some of her blood bag on Clem's waffles, playfully. As Clem shoves her off, grunting in annoyance within the process. "SO what's dad's problem anyway? first he tells us we can't feed, then he says he wants to talk later, but then he just rushes off to a secret location?" Coventry said. 

"Skeletons in his closet" Clementine repeats, as she chews her bloody syrup waffles. "I don't think you actually meant-" Coventry starts, "No, i didn't at all, but what if he did?" Clementine said, before speeding upstairs as Coventry does the same. The door opens to Atticus's room, as drapes kept the light out, a king size bed, fully made and decorated with black sheets, was in the middle of the room. A dresser in the corner, near his closet. "And what exactly are we looking for?" Coventry asked, plopping down on his bed. 

"Answers!" Clementine said, opening his walk in closet's door. "Okay, you look for that, i'll look for my bong" Coventry says, zooming around the room. Clementine just rolls her eyes, before stumbling across a box she had never seen before. "Hey, Cov!" Clementine said, picking up the box. "Bong?" Coventry asked, speeding over. "No" she said, putting the box on the floor, while taking off the lid. "Blood" Coventry said, as her and Clementine gazed at a bloody night gown resting inside the box. "What's dad doing with murder evidence?" Clementine asked. 

"Or maybe he took mom's virginity and kept the evidence for safe keeping" Coventry said, laying on the bed as she rolled over laughing. "Gross" Clementine said, giving her a look. "Well, whatever it is, it's disgusting" Coventry says, sliding off the bed and walking over to the closet, rummaging through his clothes. "How much you wanna bet he's got a secret room behind his closet" Coventry says, feeling walls inside the closet. "We should just leave.." Clementine said, feeling creeped out by the dress. 

"Clem, come on! you said you wanted answers" Coventry said, knocking on a hollow wall inside the closet. "This is how you get them" Coventry says, kicking the wall hard enough, as it breaks. "Coventry, what the-" Clementine says, pulling her back before they both, stare inside. Writings, scribbles, photos, and drawings were plastered all over the walls. "You owe me a new bong" Coventry says, as Clementine steps inside. "What is all of this?" Clementine says, as her eyes wander around the small room.