Chapter 9: Memory lane

Note: The paragraphs with the dates are just memories Yuri remembers when she thinks of Sunghoon

2/5/22 - - -

Me and Sunghoon went to the park. We had a picnic with all of our comfort foods. "Yummy" He said. I laughed at his comment and almost spat out my food. I ate bread with butter and got some on my face. "You have a little something on your face babe.." Sunghoon said. "Where? Here?" I said repeatedly. He gave me no answer and did it himself. He put his thumb below my chin to keep my head stable and used his index finger to wipe of off the butter off of my lips. It gave me butterflies, I don't know why, but I liked it.

23/12/24 - - -

Sunghoon came to my apartment with a smell of alcohol "Were you drinking?" I shouted. He looked started as he walked to the couch. I let out a big sigh. "I was at a party with the boys and drank a can of alcohol. Sorry Yuri" He apologised. I didn't accept his apology since we promised to eachother that we won't drink. I crossed my arms and sat across from him. "Ya~ don't be like that" He said, walking to me. He stumbled a little and I tried to stop myself from laughing. Hey jumped next to me and cuddled with me. "I won't do it again baby" He said. I just couldn't resist him, he's to cute. "Haha..fine" I said and caressed his hair. He looked at me in the eye and kissed my cheek.
_____________________________________

It's been a week since Sunghoon committed suicide. It was a snowy day as well, the thing I wanted you happen since I was a kid. "I guess we both got what we wished for" I said looking up at the sky. I walked to the his gravestone and sat down.

"Hi sunghoon, it's your wife. I took your phone and entered your password. You have me as 'My lifeline'. Why did you die then? Was I not good enough?. I also left a voice mail for you. Do you wanna heart it? I will show it to you after I finish. Your members are so sad..They achieved so much, I wish you were here to witness it. Do you wanna hear the voice mail now?"

I showed him the voice mail.

"𝗵𝗶 𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗲. 𝗜𝘁𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 2 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵. 𝗨 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗱𝗼 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁. 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁. 𝗦𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘁, 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆, 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗿𝗮𝗽 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲. 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗨 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱?"

As I showed him the voice mail I started to tear up. If only I told him that earlier..

The snow covered up his quote that was engraved in his grave stone. I rubbed the snow off..

'𝘠𝘶𝘳𝘪 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘬, 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦"

_____________________________________
                           𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝