The Captive- BabeRuthless99

SUMMARY:

When her village is attacked by the beasts, Vasilisa knows as a woman she will do no good for her family. She makes the life or death decision to cut her hair before surrendering herself to the beasts, knowing that as a boy she has a better chance of escaping with her life. As she grows use to the harsh treatment of labor, the Alpha returns and she is shockingly attracted to him. Will she choose to run for her family's safety, or stay for her own?

Scar has had a tough life. Hardened at the moment of his mother's death, he's hated all Vampyres since he was a young boy. When the lines are drawn and war is being threatened around every corner, he commands his packs to take up residences in villages across the country. When he visits the one that is to be his headquarters, he is shocked to find that his mate is no other than a boy! A strange boy named V, with the eyes of a girl. He tempts his darkest desires and raises his greatest loathings. How could he ever love another man, but how could he not when that man is who fate chose for him?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

INTERVIEW WITH BabeRuthless99-

1. What inspired you to write this book?

I think a multitude of things inspired me to write the book, but the only one I can really pin down would probably be Katniss Everdeen. I think V mirrors her in a way other than just the bow skills, but also in her protective manner.

2.Is this book based on any real life events?

No, the story is very much fictional. The people, on the other hand, have some quirks of people that I know.

3. What music( if any) did you listen to while writing this book?

So, this might sound dorky, but I'm a huge soundtrack buff whenever it comes to Sons of Anarchy. One of the artists that they feature on the show often, The White Buffalo, sings an assortment of songs that I love. I listened to several on repeat while writing certain scenes. Just a few off the list includes "The Matador", "Oh, Darling What Have I Done", and "The Whistler". Those are also among my favorites.

4. Did you fall in love/hate with any of the characters you created?

I unexpectedly fell in love with Talon and his abrasiveness. He was a character I didn't really intend to build on, but the mood hit me one day. Same thing with Rhyn.

5. What advice would you give to an aspiring writer?

I would say to understand that at some point, you're probably going to look back and hate something that you've written, but you always need to look at it as one more building block. You have to practice to find your best self and honestly, I don't think I've found my best self just yet.

6. Would you be open to people asking you to read their books?

I don't mind people asking me to read their stories. However, it's only happened twice before if I'm not mistaken and I think I ended up only finishing one of them.

7. Is there anything that you think readers need to know about you or your book?

I think that readers need to know that I did no preparation for this book. Every few days, I would come in and write another chapter and then I would edit and publish it within the night. Someone commented on one of my chapters asking why my story was so short. I didn't reply, but I guess I will now: I didn't even intend to write the story in the first place. The idea just hit me and if I'm not mistaken, it was completed within 5 weeks. Whenever I finally completed it, I was super worried that there were gaping plot holes in it, but I've had way more views and likes for that story than I ever imagined I would, so I guess that people really enjoyed it and for that I am nothing but appreciative.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

MY THOUGHTS-

This book was like a lost treasure. It is one of those rare finds that you come across when you're not expecting it. I had been in a dry rut for the last month on Wattpad when I found this book. I could'nt find anything to read and my friend on Wattpad introduced me to this book. This book was great. It wasn't one of those cliche books. It had an orginal plot line and original characters. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.