Maid For Majesty: Forbidden Fruit- aj_phoenix

Hello everyone!!!! So, there have been a few changes. Obviously the first is my name, but rest assured that I am still the same author and person. I just grew out of my last name... no pun intended. The other change is my laptop. I know there was a huge gap in my updating, five months to be exact, but I had an unfortunate incident with chocolate chip cookies and a glass of spilled milk, that just so happened to end up on my laptop. I finally got a new laptop and now we can get back down to business. The other change that I am happy to announce is.... I posting my first story, it should be up in a week to a week and a half. I'm putting in some last minute touches, such as the cover, summary and editing the first two parts of the story. I hope you guys are excited for that and any support will be greatly appreciated. Now, here is what you have really been waiting for..... AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Maid For Majesty- aj_phoenix

SUMMARY: 

"The King's love is fickle;

he's gorgeous, intelligent and has power beyond the average man.

He doesn't have to be kind.

He can give a glance or a smile and women will fall to their knees.

Being by his side makes you the most powerful woman in the world. But the moment he tires of you, or you become an inconvenience, you are nothing, no one.

I've heard of his reputation. He has left a trail of shattered hearts across Europe.If there will ever be a woman to win his heart, they'll need to know his mind first..."

When cunning servant, Madeline Black helps her mistress throw a party, she meets King Alexander, a seductive man who can't keep his eyes off her. Then, she is sold by her mistress and whisked away to Buckingham Palace to be apart a royal servant staff.

Though she knows his reputation and tries to focus on her duties, she constantly finds herself in his presence. Unable to resist, she is soon succumbing to her desires in every corner of Windsor and Buckingham.

But, as Napoleon moves across Europe, Princess Sofia of Spain takes refuge at Windsor and the pressure for Alex to marry her is high. Nonetheless, they continue to sneak around to enjoy the pleasures of their trysts. Despite their need for each other, can their relationship survive the society they live in?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

INTERVIEW WITH - aj_phoenix

1. What inspired you to write this book? 

I've been imagining my story for more than a decade. I'm an avid reader and I was about to read another book that was making headlines. I was looking for reviews about the book and after hearing all sorts of reviews (both good and bad) I got to thinking I should finally write my own story instead of reading.

2. Is this book based on any real life events? 

Yes. My mother's side of the family is descended from a noble and his maid. They had a child together (a son) and that started my mother's side of the family.

3. What music (if any) did you listen to while writing this book? 

Lots of music. Everything: Classical, Whitney Houston, Katy Perry, One Republic, Jenn Grant...the list goes on.

 4. Did you fall in love/hate with any of the characters that you created? 

I love most my characters. I love Madeline for her ability to survive so much and still have a spunky, daring nature. Greg is hilarious, fun and easy to write, Alex is so intelligent and sexy. Sofia is a damaged angel. I can't stand Lady Watson, Lord Watson give me the creeps. I found it interesting to write Susanna Bathory and Tilly Smith though they are both extremely selfish and in some cases psychotic people.

5. What advice would you give to an aspiring writer? 

Write. Keep writing. No one wakes up and becomes a professional it takes practice. Write with your voice. Don't be a second rate version of someone else. Do your best to be original. I realize this can be difficult when there are so many great stories and plot lines already told. But you won't stand a chance if you don't stand out in some way. 

Also, when you write something, accept that you will ALWAYS have critics. You can't please everyone. Never change your plot or idea to what someone suggests unless it makes sense to you or inspires you. Also if people criticize your work without offering any suggestion or constructive criticism, chances are they are jealous or just trolling. I always find that anyone that has bashed my story with no constructive criticism has already done so to other people. Don't take it personal. Focus on the readers worth your time.

6. Would you be open to people asking you to read their books? 

I wouldn't have a problem with giving other people's books a try. But I will only read it in its entirety if I find it interesting. I'm a very honest person and I won't humor someone by pretending to read. There are some genres I can't read. If you've captured my attention with your blurb and I've read past the third chapter, chances are I'll read your entire book.

7. Is there anything that you feel that the readers should know about you or your book? 

I had written other books before, but never felt they were interesting enough to post or publish. This is the first historical fiction/erotica I've ever written. Anyone looking at writing historical fiction should know that it's is an exceptionally hard genre to write (constant research). I find it hard to edit because of the historical aspect. But I still loved writing it. This is the only thing I've written that I've entwined my identity in. I've never felt so close to my characters before and I think that's why I hidden my identity in it. I simply wanted to be closer to the characters. Heck, I've fallen into my own stories so many times, my family and husband believe I live in another world.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MY THOUGHTS-

I personally love historical fiction books. Wild west, victorian times, new colonial stories, pirate stories, if it is historical fiction and has romance I'm usually game. Though, there is something about a forbidden romance between a king and a maid that just added a whole new playing field to the genre. I loved this book and can't wait for the next. The end left me hanging, and for a while I was mad because I didn't realize that there was going to be a second, but now I'm being my fingernails waiting for it. Please remember that this book is for older audiences and the version that is not on Wattled is not advised for younger audiences. If you would like to read the book as the author intended please go to maidformajesty.com to eat your heart out. I hope you fall in love with the couple in this story just as I have and hopefully will continue to do in the next installment. Give this book a chance and if it's not really your thing, still give it a chance, other that romance theres a little something else action involved that will appease to other readers not looking for romance.