ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 44

𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒂

It was another day filled of regularly scheduled classes. I dreaded every bit of it, wanting to get rid of the classes I had grown to not learn anything from.

After a week had passed since we have been trying to find out where all the horcruxes were Theo and I had gotten nowhere.

Luca, Casimir, and Draco came back to school and McGonagall scolded them for thinking they're allowed to leave Hogwarts and come back whenever they please.

Draco never spoke to anyone, not even Blaise. He always kept to himself and didn't even share a look my way.

Theo hadn't left my side since they got back. He was on edge with them being back at Hogwarts and I would be lying if I hadn't been the same. They wanted the diary, I knew that and Astoria had no way of getting into the Headmasters chamber and she was definitely not bright enough to think of a plan to get in.

Despite the constant stress, I managed to calm Theo's nerves even when he became a constant imbecile towards others.

Theo walked me to all my classes as usual towering over the students as they all fled the halls in fear of him. I walked beside him as he guided me through the halls with his arm wrapped around my waist. Lisette and the others followed behind us becoming even more intimidating to their own houses. The only ones allowed to approach us were Pansy, Enzo, Theodore, and Blaise but if I was being honest nobody else would dare go close to us out of pure terror.

The rest of the students all too frightened of the group Theo had. The golden trio would eye us from a far but we hadn't spoken since the night at the bathroom.

I walked into Defense Against the Dark Arts sitting in my seat beside Theo, and in front of us sat Lisette and Enzo.

I always dreaded any class with Draco and this was one of them.

The silence between us was essential. We needed the silence just as much as flowers needed sunlight, both our minds were congested with words that we wanted to speak with one another. But the silence became my friend, it helped me escape Draco being too afraid of what words would come out of his mouth.

Was I not good enough? Had I done something wrong for him to treat me like he hadn't known me all this time?

Multiple scenarios clouded my mind until I was brought back to reality with the abrupt door to the class opening and in came Professor McGonagall with students that weren't the same class.

"Good afternoon students! I have brought the rest of the seventh years to speak with you about the end of the year N.E.W.T. Exams! This will be the most important exam you take that will help you reach where you want to go after your time at Hogwarts has come to an end! Now we will be discussing what your exam will consist of since this year will be different from the previous years!" She exclaimed.

I looked around to see many different expressions from students. Hermione had a grin that could easily be recognized as the excitement from taking yet another exam. Pansy was rolling her eyes so much I wouldn't be surprised if her pupils got stuck at the back of her head. I know she planned to marry Blaise and seeing he was already loaded with money she didn't really have to worry about her future. Pansy always strived for the best future she could possibly have, but to her that would be a woman who didn't have to work but had everything in the palm of her hands.

Theodore was hitting his head with a book as each word pained him to hear. The thing Theodore hated more than class was the exams we had to take for them, and this would definitely stress him out so much he would immediately resort to food for comfort. Celeste, Adelie, Lisette and Maurice had the same look on their face, stern and serious. It was a look they carried often when they were around others, Theo wanted respect from the other students to be handed to them as well without his assistance, and it didn't take long for them to earn it.