22

Grandfather?

     Mya was thrown for a loop.

     "How is this possible?" She asked.

     "Well sweetheart, for starters, Tom Riddle is my father--

     "I think it would be better for me to explain everything," Tom suggested, interrupting Renova. "Is there somewhere we can go... and possibly get some clothes as well?"

     "Oh, of course!" Lucius exclaimed. In everyone's surprise at the extra person to be resurrected, no one registered that the trio were naked in their rebirth. "We can all head back to the manor. Mya, you grab your mother, Draco, Antonin, and Severus, Tom."

     She nodded and hesitantly grabbed Renova's hand.

     Cracks of apparition could be heard in the area as four groups of two left the now empty field.

Back at the Manor

     Settling down with tea in the sitting room, everyone waited for Mya to speak. After sipping her tea, she took a deep breath before looking at her grandfather.

     "How are you even here?" She asked. "I only prepared two bodies, I didn't even know I was related to you."

     "You have extraordinary power running through your veins. Your blood in and of itself is powerful as well," Tom began. "In fact, I'm surprised you were even sorted into Gryffindor."

   Mya and Draco exchanged confused glances. "If I'm your granddaughter, wouldn't that mean me and my mom aren't purebloods?" She asked.

     "Contrary to popular belief, I am a pureblood," Tom began. "Yes, I was in a muggle orphanage when that old sod Dumbledore found me but that was after the death of my parents. So, to answer your question, you and Renova are both purebloods."

     Mya nodded.

     "Long before the first war, I was married to the most beautiful witch I had ever known. She was the best thing that ever happened to me. Your mother, Renova, and your grandmother, Mya, was the light to my darkness. Incorruptible she was... I didn't even try to change her. She changed me though and gave me a gift no one else could. Anysa gave me a family," Tom said. "Unfortunately she had a rare disease that had no cure. I searched high and low for one, but nothing positive ever came from my efforts. She left this world in peace, but not before giving me you, Renova. I kept your true identity shrouded in mystery and I thank Salazar it was enough. I gave you a new last name and sent you to Beauxbatons, but you still met and married Antonin."

     Tom chuckled. "I don't know how, but you did."

     Mya continued to observe her new grandfather as he spoke about the past. There was a silent power about him that permeated the room. It was plain to see that this man was very powerful and when he set his mind to it, he got exactly what he wanted. When it came to family, it was now clear nothing would stop him from keeping them safe, not even death.

     "Mya, your birth brought joy back to my broken black heart and because of who I was I needed you to be safe. Even if there was no concrete evidence that we were even related. It was because of that connection, I encouraged your parents to place you with the Grangers."

     "Sweetheart," Antonin began turning to face his daughter. "We didn't want to let you go, we loved you with all our hearts, but it was a good thing we did. At the time, during the first wizarding war, we were being investigated by the Ministry because of our ties to the dark. Us being deatheaters was a well-kept secret but it got out, thus the investigation. We were tried and sent to Azkaban for a year but we were released on the basis of a technicality. We didn't want your life to be ridden with hardships from being in the system or an orphanage because of this."

     "Please forgive us for abandoning you, even if we had good intentions," Renova continued. "We sent money to the Grangers whenever we could--

     "I remember that," She interrupted her mother with a whisper.

     "What do you mean?" Antonin asked.

     "Every once in a while we were able to go on trips and they told me to buy whatever I wanted. I guess that was because of you..." she trailed off.

     Renova smiled, "I'm glad we were able to provide for you even if we weren't physically present in your life."

     She smiled in return.

     "It was during their stint in Azkaban that I lost my powers making it even harder to offer them any assistance," Tom said continuing the history lesson. "I'm just grateful they got out. Unfortunately, I died during another battle at the Ministry during what would have possibly been your seventh year at Hogwarts. I watched helplessly from beyond the veil as my followers continued on the path and fought valiantly. I was enraged, to say the least. However, unbeknownst to me, I began to generate a new power. Not enough to bring me back all on my own but enough to influence certain actions of others."

     "Wait, is that how you--

     "Yes, Lucius, it is," Tom said, a smirk forming on his full lips. "I believe the power that I was somehow generating was what brought me back in addition to your parents, Mya."

     Mya let a breath escape her lips. That was more than she bargained for.

     "So, what now?" Draco asked, turning to his beloved. "Any more plans?"

     She sat back in her chair. "To be honest, I'm kind of burnt out. All the effort that went into bringing you all back really took a lot of energy. I want to get to know you now that I've got you back."

     "So you don't want to continue with your plans for vengeance?" Narcissa asked.

     "I mean I do but... You know what, how about this? If Dumbledore and Harry cause more issues in the future, we will act. For now, let's just bask in this win." Mya said.

     "You're sure this is what you want?" Severus asked.

     "Yes, I have absolutely no problem carrying out the rest of my plans but if I don't have to? I won't," she replied.

     "That settles it then," Draco said.

     "We'll support you whatever you decide," Antonin said.

     Mya smiled and for the first time in a while, she was content.