Chapter 22- I'd come for you

Lily's POV

I ran all the way into the forest near Ian...my father's house. My father. Daddy. Dad. But I still don't understand. Why didn't he come looking for me? Why did he come for me all this time when he could've done it sooner. Is mommy alive too? Did he lie about that as well? I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm so angry with everything right now.

I decided to stop at a near by pond. I saw a couple of lily pads and frogs and fish swimming there. They all looked so happy, living with each other. I sat down to rest my legs as I looked at a frog with his tadpole children. I smiled at the family as they hoped on lily pads together. At least that family has a father. I hugged myself as I stared at my own reflection in the pond. A drop was made as I looked at the spot that it dropped on when I realized that I was crying. I didn't care if anyone saw me. I cried and cried wishing that I was dead along with my mother.

---------------------------

No one's POV

Lily didn't know how long she stayed like this. Probably a couple of hours or so. But it must've been a couple of minutes because the clock chimed for 11:00pm. New Years is almost over. And she was gonna miss the New Year. Well she didn't care. Who would anyway?

"Lily?" Lily stood up and turned around to see Ian. Her father. Lily turned back. "How long?" She asked as Ian sighed and walked towards her. "Before Halloween."

"And you didn't tell me?" Lily said on the urge of crying again. "I wanted to be sure. I didn't wanna get my hopes up. I'm sorry."

"Like hell you are!" Lily shouted as buried her face in her arms. Ian looked away. "Lily please....if I had known that you were alive, I would've looked for you sooner." Ian replied as Lily wiped away a tear that threaten to come down. "Lily please. You know you can't stay here." Lily finally looked at him. "It doesn't matter. I was alone my whole life."

"It does." Ian said as he sat down and pulled her into his lap. "And even if you weren't my daughter I still would've loved you." Ian said and when Lily looked at his eyes, she knew he meant it. Lily started feeling tears again. "Hey there, don't gimme those tears." Ian smirked as he spider his fingers at Lily's sides. Lily giggled covering her mouth. "Nohohohohohoho I don't wanna giggle hehehehehehehehehehe."

"Should've thought about that before you ran off like that." Ian replied as he dug his fingers into her armpits. Lily squeaked and giggled more. "Please hehehehehehehehehehehehehe I'm sorry hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe."

"Sorry? Oh you better be sorry. Baxter just got a bruise from with Scarlett pounced on him. Who's fault was that?" Ian asked as he moved his fingers again up to her neck. "Hehehehehehehehehehehe Scarlett hehehehehehe!" Ian glared playfully and slammed his fingers right into her belly causing Lily's laughter to go higher. "Wrong answer little one. No one blames the dog."

"But-HAHAHAHA!" Lily tried to say as felt a finger finding her belly button. Ian then moved down to squeeze her hip bones making her squeal in delight. Ian laughed himself and smiled at his daughter. "Now are you gonna come back with us and enjoy New Years before it's too late?" Ian asked slowing down his tickles so Lily can breathe. "Yes....I'll come."

"Good cause Baxter wants to get you back for that."

"But Scarle-EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!" Ian squeezed her hip bone again. "I'm sorry what was that?"

"Nothing." Lily replied as she and Ian got up and walked back to the house.