t w e n t y - f o u r

it was a spring day and a little girl with ash blue eyes and hair sat down under a fully blossomed sakura tree, watching the wind sweep the pink and white petals away.

she was a sweet little girl, no cursed energy, no jujutsu powers, no nothing. just an ordinary girl who loved plants and flowers.

but there was one thing she could see. it wasn't necessarily a 'thing', it moved, it talked with her, and often played with her as well.

he was a tall curse, three times the size of the little girl. he had blonde hair, and the left half of his face was covered in a deep brown. he wore an eyepatch on his left eye and his hair wasn't there.

his name was kento. that's what it told the girl, and that was what he preferred to be called, at least by the girl. the curse named kento, loved books.

whenever the little girl saw him, he always held a book and his eyes were often glued onto the pages.

"kento, what are you reading?" the little girl asked as she climbed onto the curse's lap. he made sure she sat comfortably before pulling off his glasses and saying, "it's a love story, about a girl who saw nothing but gray. her world was dull."

"why?" the little girl asked. kento flipped to the last page of the book and pointed at a word, written in soft pastel colors.

"love?" the little girl asked, and kento nodded as he proceeded to explain what love was.

"the reason the girl in the story doesn't see colors is because she's never been in love. and the boy she likes doesn't like her back." he simply explained, taking out most of the details.

"i see pink and blue. does that mean i'm in love?" the girl asked as she pointed at the sakura tree ahead of them.

kento simply nodded and planted a short kiss on the girl's head and the girl giggled at the affection.

"yes, it seems that you're in love with someone." kento hummed.

"do you see colors?" the little girl asked. kento looked at the sakura trees and with a smile said, "yes, vividly."

the girl giggled again and said, "i love you." with a cheeky smile, to which kento hummed and said, "just wait till you're a bit older. you're still a bit too young to know what love is."

he helped the girl down and left the book on the bench as he helped the little girl get home.

"it's still a promise, kosume." kento mumbled. the little girl tightened her grip around the curse's hand and said, "you keep calling me that. my name is ume, not kosume."

kento gently squeezed little ume's hand and said, "you'll understand sooner or later."

the end