s i x

"what do you mean?" kosume chimed.

"you aren't a pure blooded curse are you." he stated. kosume nodded, surprised by his sharp observations.

"is it that obvious? first i try to hide my curse energy then i try to hide my human energy. but yes, i'm half curse, half human. my mother was human and my father ... is... was.. a curse. you're a really good jujustu sorcerer." she complimented.

"i don't remember asking for details. and no, even a grade 4 sorcerer could've figure that out." nanami sneered.

"you're really harsh aren't you.." kosume pointed out. and just as expected nanami ignored her comment.

"so what's your jujustu?" kosume asked again. nanami again ignored her.

then she decided to use her jujutsu. she made a hand sign and soon the area around her started smelling like lilacs. the scent entered nanami's and nearby passers' nostrils making them relax and slowly lose control over their body.

her jujustu - lilac heaven - made the opponent relax and feel sleepy which made their body feel heavy. people around her started moving slower and their bodies started drooping.

nanami too was starting to feel rather tired. "don't worry.. my jujutsu isn't really strong and i made sure no one dies from it."

nanami got into fighting stance, with his blade hidden in his suit not to frighten the citizens.

kosume walked over to nanami and wrapped his arm around her neck. "it's fine. i'll take you to my place. i actually came to eliminate you, like you might've guessed, but i really don't want to." she admitted.

"but if you make any sudden moves, one of my comrades might do that for me. so try and stay quiet. also try not to emit as much energy." kosume added as she started carrying her new friend home.

"why don't you kill me." nanami asked, his eyes slowly drooping from the constant smell of lilac lingering in the air.

"it's hard to explain. but the moment i saw you, my world became a bit more colorful." kosume said with a smile.

"i need to get some things before heading home so please tag along. in this state you're vulnerable to the dangerous curses lurking around."

nanami couldn't believe what was happening. his whole life he thought of curses as nothing but cruel, heartless beings, but then here he was with a half curse, still alive.

he didn't understand her motives. it'd be a lot easier for her to kill him, but here she was spouting nonsense about colors.

nanami stayed silent throughout the whole walk to the cafe, and there kosume slowly undid her technique by a bit.

"a table for 2." kosume informed the lady behind the counter.

"cheryl city is a great sweet house. you can order anything, it's on me." the white haired lady told the blonde after they took a seat.

"i need to get some food for the others."

"the curses?" nanami questioned, to which kosume only gave a soft smile.

"they're great people. you know, mahito, the one you and itadori fought is kind of a sadist but he's a really sweet guy and i enjoy his company. and he's really strong."

"0everyone tells me that i'm stronger than him but i don't believe it.. i mean i'm sure you agree. my domain expansion didn't even work on you guys. and there's hanami, she's my favorite. she's a bit quiet but her voice is beautiful. we both love flowers."

"then there's jogo. he's a bit of a hot head, but nevertheless, he has my respect. there's dagon.. but i honestly don't know much about him other than his powers." kosume said with a smile.

nanami was curious to learn more about them, but not about their personality. then he thought, if she was actually stronger than mahito than he'd be dead for sure.

nanami thought about how she said that her domain expansion had no affect of the two, which meant that if it did then they'd be nothing but dead.

he was surprised to hear that mahito was weaker than kosume. she didn't seem like much but her single technique put him in an uncomfortable situation like this.

"well.. that's about it..." kosume finished, "so, do you plan on telling me anything about yourself?"

"there's nothing to talk about." nanami calmly stated as he looked around the cafe.

"at least tell me how old you are." kosume begged.

"that isn't important." nanami calmly stated.

the waitress brought the 2 menus for the two of them and left when kosume thanked her.

"what would you like?" kosume asked as he handed the menu to him.

"i don't eat sweets." nanami commented.

a pout crossed kosume's lips and she said, "the sweets here are immaculate, they aren't even that sweet. yuuji seemed to really like the strawberry cheese cake. mahito also adores them."

kosume opened the box of strawberry cheese from earlier and pointed at it and said, "you could try some, then tell me what you think."

nanami didn't move so kosume got up and sat down besides nanami and took a new spoon and scooped up a small piece with it.

"say aah~" kosume playfully said as she inched the spoon closer to nanami's face.

nanami moved back, and turned away, completely ignoring the curse in front of him, which made kosume pout and stuff the cheese cake in her own mouth.

a yawn escaped kosume's lips and she walked back to her seat and sat down.

"i guess you won't be having anything..." kosume sighed.

"may i order?" she called out as she poked the cheesecake.

"yes, what would you like?" the waitress asked, with her pen and notepad in her hands. a yawn escaped the waitresses lips but she immediately apologized for her rudeness.

kosume turned to the menu and said, "don't worry about it, i'd like to order a pack of pineapple muffins for takeout, as well as a medium sized velvet cake. and as for drinks i'd like a glass of orange juice and a glass of..." she paused as she turned to nanami.

he only shook his head and kosume said, "that'll be it. thank you."

the waitress nodded and grabbed the menus before leaving.

"is there anything you want?" kosume asked.

nanami shook his head silently and kosume said, "my apartment is tiny so don't mind the cramped space. i live alone so it's plenty for me, but if you feel uncomfortable just tell me and i can get us a new place."

nanami was jealous about how lightly kosume took matters into her hand. but the thing he was most jealous of was how she easily spent her money.

"who said i was going to live with you?" nanami said as he rested his head on the wall, closing his eyes to calm down.

"no one. i'm not forcing you either. it's just for your own safety. the jujustu tech probably won't be looking for you because if yuuji doesn't tell them anything, no one will suspect a thing. you'll just have to keep your phone on you and answer whenever someone calls though."

and suddenly nanami's phone started ringing. kosume looked at it curiously, waiting for him to pick up. she wasn't worried about the consequences on her end. she just needed to keep him by her side for the time being.

the world really was more colorful than she thought.