s e v e n

"nanami kento on the phone." nanami said to the phone after picking up.

"oooh nanamin~ where are you. poor yuuji came back all alone like a lost puppy. weren't you supposed to escort him~" the phone chimed.

"i had to go somewhere. tell yuuji that i took care of things and that he doesn't have to worry. i'll be gone for a few days so don't bother me." and with that nanami hung up.

"who was that?" kosume curiously asked.

nanami completely ignoring her question and said, "what are you planning to do with sukuna's vessel?"

"i thought you knew. well our goal is to get sukuna to join our side and help us defeat gojo." kosume confessed.

"and how do you plan on doing tha-" nanami asked before being interupted by kosume's thoughts.

"who knew the world was so colorful..." she mumbled before yawning. she rubbed her eyes and said, "i've never felt tired before. this is new. also, i'll make you some herbal tea when we get home."

kosume took a spoon full of the cheese cake before saying, "on the way back, we'll need to buy a futon for you. you don't mind sleeping on the floor right?"

nanami shook his head and said, "i'll pay for it." but kosume refused and said, "it's fine. i'm the one holding you hostage. you're a human and don't have much to live so save up."

"and how long have you lived?" nanami asked. kosume took another fork full into her mouth and said, "i've been alive for 69 years now. i'm kind of old if you think about it." with a chuckle. "so technically i'm older than you~" she added to lighten up the mood.

the two sat there in awkward silence. well, it was awkward for kosume, but nanami enjoyed the break he got from the curse's chatter.

"here's your order." the waitress said as she put down the orange juice and the neatly packed box of pineapple muffins. "the velvet cake will arrive shortly."

the waitress started walking away and an audible yawn escaped her lips so kosume decided to take down her cursed technique.

a yawn escaped kosume's lips as well and she rested her head on the table. "i haven't felt this sleepy in a while."

kosume sat back up straight and stretched her limps up before chugging down the orange juice.

she called out for the waitress again and when she came, she said, "could you add coffee on my list. and please add an extra shot of caffeine in it."

the waitress nodded before leaving. kosume felt her eyelids slowly close up, but she knew that she had to stay awake.

"this.. this is actually the first time in a while that i have coffee..." kosume slurred.

nanami couldn't relate, his days at work were all spent staying up and drinking coffee to higher his income.

"can... you ask the waitress to get my coffee.. i can't really afford falling... falling asleep now... i need to protect.." but before she could finish her sentence, she dozed off.

right now would be the perfect chance for nanami to excorcise her, but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to do so. instead he gently started shaking her shoulder, trying to wake her up.

the waitress brought the cup of hot coffee and placed it down on the table quietly, trying her best not to wake the sleeping curse up.

"wake up. don't tell me you actually fell asleep. right now isn't the perfect time to do so." nanami scolded the sleeping beauty.

when she wouldn't wake up, he grabbed her hair and started tugging on it like a child.

and eventually the white haired curse did wake up and her coffee was perfectly served in front of her. she offered nanami a kind smile before chugging the cup of coffee down.

and suddenly the burning sensation in her throat awakened her. she started panting, trying to get the cold air to relieve her throat but it didn't help.

nanami saw tears start to swell up in the corner of kosume's eyes so he said, "use your reverse technique. don't all curses have that."

she shook her head and shakily said, "unfortunately, that's a skill i didn't inherit from my father. but unlike humans, i recover faster than all of them, so don't worry about me."

nanami just nodded, completely uninterested. he eyed her down and when she noticed his glare, she simply just smiled at him and said, "thanks for not killing me. i appreciate it. also, something seems to be bothering you. what are you stressed about right now?"

"who said i was stressed." nanami simply asked, to which the curse replied with, "my jujutsu is revolved around emotions.. so i can sort of read what you're feeling right now, and you seemed rather panicky and disturbed by something."

"that shouldn't concern you." nanami harshly said. kosume sheepishly nodded as she looked over to the clock hanging on the wall.

"it's ready so late? why is time passing so fast." she exclaimed before coughing from the pain in her throat.

a yawn escaped her lips as she got up and closed the box with her strawberry cheese cake, before picking it up, as well as the box with pineapple muffins.

"ge- hanami isn't really a sweet tooth so i never get anything for her. usually mahito shares with her and jogo so that's really nice of him. but hanami really likes velvet cake and so do i." kosume informed the uninterested sorcerer.

"we should probably get going now. i still need to buy you your new futon." the curse exclaimed in a rush.

nanami got up and followed kosume to the counter where she got her requested velvet cake neatly packed into a box.

she wished she could grow another pair of arms but unfortunately for her, not even her father had those skills.

"i'll take that." nanami sighed as he grabbed the box.

a genuine smile appeared on kosume's face as she thanked him before paying with her credit card and leaving the store.