f i v e

"eeh?! what are you talking about?! she's a human." itadori said in defense of kosume.

"you're still an unexperienced sorcerer. no wonder you couldn't sense her energy." nanami said, pulling out his blade wrapped in white cloth.

kosume looked over to itadori and saw that his hair had more pigment to it. it was more pink than gray.

yes it was still saturated and dull, but she could see the ash pink.

she turned to nanami and saw that he was wearing a blue shirt underneath his white suit.

kosume was speechless. she didn't know what was happening.

"itadori, move away from her. don't end up like junpei." nanami harshly demanded.

itadori wanted to say something in defense but fell weak and followed orders jumping away from kosume, getting into fighting stance.

"wait! i mean no har-" but before kosume could finish her sentence, nanami charged at her but she successfully dodged, moving away to the left.

itadori was to her right and tried landing a punch but couldn't.

both nanami and sukuna's vessel ganged up on her, trying to excorcise her.

that is, until she used her domain expansion.

"domain expansion... perfect paradise." kosume quietly mumbled, with her hands outstretched in front of her.

the three were engulfed by a soft yellow and pink void. a throne appeared on top of a flower staircase where kosume rested her body on.

itadori and nanami stood on top of a plane filled with all sorts of flowers and plants.

"you guys uncovered my identity faster than i expected."

nanami let out a distasteful sigh and said, "itadori, don't do anything."

"but i could break the-" itadori started, but got cut off by nanami saying, "it's a miracle you broke mahito's domain from the outside. but breaking it from the inside is impossible. there's nothing we can do now."

kosume didn't understand how the two could still feel emotions other than relaxation.

"i'm not here to hurt you guys. i just wanna talk." kosume lied.

nanami's expression didn't change. he didn't look convinced, and his expression didn't soften a bit.

but itadori on the other hand, he looked like he wanted to hear what kosume had to say and he relaxed a bit.

"i don't even know what to say. i'm not here to kill any of you. i don't even know what to talk about. i just wanted to tell you guys that i meant no harm."

and with that she released her domain. the two stood there in front of kosume who had lost her straw hat.

"ehh?! where's my hat?" kosume exclaimed, panicking, looking around for her hat when she realized that it was no longer on her head.

"itadori," nanami lowly said, "go back and don't tell anyone about today."

both itadori and kosume looked confused at nanami's order.

"how about gojo sensei?" itadori chimed.

"don't tell anyone." nanami ordered.

itadori gulped back his fear and bowed in agreement before leaving the two behind.

"uhm... could you help me find my straw hat?" kosume said as she inched herself closer to the cheese cake on the ground.

kosume completely let her guard down in order to gain nanami's trust. yes, it was risky, it could lead her to potentially getting killed, but she was willing to go to that extent.

why tho..?

her job was to eliminate this man and bring sukuna's vessel with her. but she was intrigued by the fact that she could see colors. even though they were still dull, she could see colors.

she looked up at the man in front of her after packing the cheese cake and said, "my hat should be around here."

"you're coming with me." nanami ordered. kosume was about to protest but then decided to give in.

nanami started walking up the stairs and kosume followed behind. she felt calm and happy. she felt like the world was slowly starting to look more normal.

"my name's kosume. how old are you nanami?" kosume asked. he ignored her question so she decided to annoy him by asking more questions.

"your cheek bones make you look older, but that old look suits you well. also what's your jujutsu." kosume pried.

"don't talk to me like we're friends. and i'm older so use your manners." nanami said, shutting down the topic.

"you look like you're in your 30s but i won't use my manners until you tell me your real age." kosume said, completely ignoring nanami's warning.

nanami continued ignoring the lady. leading her somewhere else.

"do you like flowers?" kosume said as she inched herself closer to nanami and pressed a finger on the back of his neck.

he jumped back pointing his blade towards the white haired lady, who meant no harm.

"sorry. i just noticed that your neck was pretty stiff so i just wanted to confirm it and identify where exactly the stiffness is."

she opened out her pouch and pulled out some holy basils and handed a couple leaves to him.

nanami refused to accept it so kosume started explaining, "these are holy basils. i'm kind of into herbs and medication so yeah... i just want to help you out. you seem very stressed and holy basils are known for soothing your nerves. it has nothing to do with my jujutsu..." she reassured.

but nanami didn't buy it. she looked down at the basil leaves and saw the dull green which made her happy, so she stuffed them in her mouth and said, "well then let's keep going."

"would you like me to massage your neck for you sometime? everyone i've done it for have been satisfied." kosume added after swallowing the basil leaves.

nanami simply ignored her childish offers and continued heading to where ever he was heading to.

"what exactly are you." he finally asked.