"President snow... what an honour" I say.
His beady reptilian eyes a trained on me I feel sick.

I hear a key turn in the door.
"Clove!" I hear Cato shout after a few seconds.

"Up here!" I shout back calmly never removing my eyes from the man sitting behind the office desk.

Cato comes bounding up the stairs
"Something-"
He stops mid-sentence catching eyes with president snow.
"President snow.what an honour" Cato says the same I did

The man rests his elbows on the desk. Commanding the room. Cato and I hesitantly move into the room. Sitting on two chairs placed opposite him.

As I get closer my nose twitches at a strong rose scent. A rose aplimfied. I think to cover the stale scent of blood. I can see his full face now. It should be somthing you see from a distance. Up close it looks wrong. His lips are cracked and puffy, his skin pulled back to show no wrinkles and you can see small wisps of grey in his perfect white hair. All of this together makes him terrifying.

I sit down on one of the carved Woden chairs the chairs are made for somebody taller. My feet dangle from the floor making me feel even more powerless against this man.

What is he even doing here I'd never even seen him outside the capitol before. I think back to all the reasons he could be here. There's a lot. But not such a big of a deal that I thought this man might be here.

We had undermined the whole system, meaning we had defied the capitol. We had defied him and his games, and by the look. No the smell of him he is not the forgiving type. I hadn't thought of my family in the capitol for a while they probably hadn't bothered to think of me. But now I question their safety.

We shouldn't have both lived. And snow knows it too. But they had disguised our sacrifice for eachother as a fight. Had he seen through it so easily. He must've seen everything. Including the kiss we shared. He must've seen watch Finch seen, the undeniable connection beetween us.

Cato breaks the scilence. "You could've had us killed. Why not?"

Snow laughs menacingly "I was going to say we should make a promise not to tell a lie to eachother, but you already seem to know that."

He seems unfazed by Cato. Whereas I feel the opposite. How could he say anything to this clearly deadly man.

"My advisors informed me you two might be difficult. Do you plan to being difficult today?" He asks quizzically

"No" I say simply. Not trusting Cato to recognise the situation were in.

"No" Cato says following

"I thought as such. I told them Any two people sacrificeing their life for one another would not be willing to throw other Innocent lives away. Ecpessily when there's so many. And so young" he picks up a framed photo of Aurora and Leo laughing together on the desk. "Would be a waste of a life"

This was a clear threat. We both can see that. I can see the rise and fall of Cato's chest beneath his shirt. I want to clutch his hand maybe to hold us both steady. Snow knows anyway. But i feel if I reach for Cato he'll instantly turn venomous and kill us both on the spot.

"I have a problem" he hissess "a problem that started the moment you two met Finch Crossly and you sacrificed your lives for eachother"

This was the moment where the game makers had to choose between letting us both drown and having no Victor or saving us both and having two victors. I have a feeling that snow would've sooner had no victors then two. And Finch, she never played his games and now I take her with me everywhere in the form of her district token