6 months later

After that night I didn't see Cato for 2 weeks because of the camera crews. Of course they eventually left. The best day of my life. Well maybe that's an exragation but it was up there.

The party's calmed as well. I got to go to the victors training area and let me tell you it's amazing. It's not grubby from thousands of children running there hands along the equipment. There's also machines for things. Like running or weights.

Talking about weight I've gained quite a bit of muscle mass. First I was grouchy Enobaria would drag me over everyday for two meals. Eventually it became rountine and I would just walk over. I started avoiding her when I first realised I was gaining. But except for that I normally eat around Cato's now. In fact we're always over each others houses.

Luna says I practically apart of the family now. I can't eat by myself every time I try the guilt overtakes me. Cato and I both have moments of uncontrollable raw emotion but we're always there for eachother. Ness and Mae are there too. But they don't understand and they both have big mouths so I can't tell them about Cato and I.

All the victors came over at some point to learn to swim. It was kind of funny watching a big man like Brutus struggle against water. We all eventually learnt and Luna let us take Leo and Aurora in untill it got too cold for the pool.

Sometimes I would miss my parents ecpessily in the big house alone, but I knew I always had people to go to. It was the best feeling.

We had to come up with talents to present before the victory tour. We hadn't spoken about the victory tour. Every time it had come up I had avoided knowing I'd have to face the family's who children I at one point enjoyed hunting. Kids who I had murderd.

The talent needs to be somthing you can present on camera. We both couldn't be bothered to parade ourselfs around like show pony's so decided our talents would be somthing we already know. Brutus told us that's a bad idea and that we should do somthing new. We reluctantly accepted.

Brutus is teaching Cato proper form for weightlifting. Cato often excitedly tells me about his new highest weight. His starting to take the same build as Brutus.

We also recruited Lyme she teaches me how to weld metal and carve handles from wood to make my own knives. She's sarcastic and inpatient. She reminds me of my old trainer.  She's grown on me but I'd never admit to that. I like her snarky comments although sometimes she does hit a nerve.

Thats what I'm doing now sitting in the spare room with Lyme. We've transformed it into a smithery. Today we're making a knife with a serrated edge. And it seems impossible.

"Your prep team are coming tommorw, hurry up, this will be the last one you make before you present it" she sighs

I'm healing the knife over the fire but it keeps cooling before I can finish.

"Arghh I'm trying and your not helping!" I shout

"Try harder then" she says

"Yes!yes!yes! I did it!" I shout. I'd finally got the saerated edge in place and I slipped it into the handle I had carved before. I tilt my head back "finally"

"Yeah finally" says Lyme not sharing the same enuthsiusm as I did. She grabs the knife out of my hand. "Not bad kid" she says