10

Enobaria's dinner was good. It was mostly the people from the capitol talking about how excited they are for the tour. I didn't care much for the convosation topic.

I waited for Cato to come around with his family and prep team but it never happened. The other two victors didn't come etheir. We barely see them at all. There games were impressive I rember watching the clearly. I rember when Cato and I ate berries we would sometimes discuss what was going on

I miss him. It's not because I haven't seen him for ages, I saw him a day ago. I miss being able to just go to him whenever. I'm sure after the next games the media won't bother with us anymore and we can go back to normal. Well our normal anyway.

I can't sleep. It seems an impossible task. Thinking about the fact I have to face the districts who's children I killed.

I have a feeling Nimit will burst into my room soon shouting about how it's a busy day tommorw. I wonder if she's asleep right now. Peacefully sleeping right down my hall.

My sleep is never normally peaceful. I'm burdened with nightmares of the games. I know Cato is too, he screams in his sleep. I hold him close when he wakes and he drifts back off. I don't scream, my nightmares are silent and lonely. Offering no comfort.

Is It selfish to wish I could make a sound to wake Cato, so he can hold me in his arms like I do him?  Yes it would be. we should grasp every bit of sleep we can get. The bags under all the victors eyes run deep. I know they must all struggle with the horrors of the games.

The horrors they can't tell to anyone but other district 2 victors. I remember Brutus telling me despite everything the other victors still don't trust Careers as much due to the nature we're raised in. So all we have is each other. I think I'm ok with that.

Eventually I must of fall into sleep because I'm awoken by Nimits shrill voice shouting

"Up up up"

I rub my eyes and sit up in my bed. She's already dressed in a bright pink get up. The wig is small but her hat and skirt barely fit through the door frame. I push the duvet off and Am instantly cold. The temperature must've dropped even further overnight.

I don't know what I can do to get prepared the prep team have probably decided my appearance down to the last detail. I get out of the bed and follow Nimit into the kitchen as she riffles through the cuboards, finding nothing.

There's a knock on the door and I hear her say
"Good thing you came this house is absolutely empty"

Enobaria and Cinna enter the room. Enobaria is clutching a weaved basket no doubt full of food like always. She walks into my dining room laying it across the table.

"My team went back to the capitol" says Cinna "I'll be doing your makeup today"

I nod at him. I didn't expect the prep team to stay. They could've if they wanted to. But why would they want to stay in a district when the capitol is at their disposal.

We eat a breckfast. I just stick to what's safe. Porridge and berries as always. I honestly can't describe how nervous I am for the dinners at each district. But they can see I'm a ruthless killer from district 2. I can't let them see I'm still a kid. Well I'm not a kid I'm 16. I could go into work if I wanted to. I could've quit school optionally. Of course I was forced out of schooling anyway. If I had the choice I think I would've stayed.

Breckfast is over not soon enough. Although part of me wishes it lasted longer because now I'm closer to the cameras. Closer to the train. At least I'll see Cato. I've got that. It's a positive.

Cinna pulls out his own bag. Everyone stays chatting at the dining table whilst he reconstructs my face with makeup. He says that my whole body will be covers so there's no need for the whole routine. My face is done and he moves onto the hair. Straighten it until there's not a single pice of fuzz.