The Alpha and Luna

After a moment of silence, painfully quite silence, everyone bowed their heads and bared their necks to us, in acceptance of their new Alpha and Luna. Even though it was unlike me, I was nervous, in front of all these people, the people I had once lived among and left. I was nervous about how they would treat me, how they would look at me, how they would think of me. Even though then, Gavin and I weren't seen as the new heirs, I still feel as if their thinking, what if I run away again what if I don't own up to my Luna responsibilities. I was shaken out of my thoughts as felt Gavin pull me in to his chest and kiss me full on my lips. He almost made me feel the same as when we first mated, like a school girl who's crush just asked her on a date, or kissed her. Almost.

Once we pulled away from the kiss he led me off the podium in to the house where the food and drinks were set up. Gavin was sticking to me like a body guard, only it was almost hard to tell where my back ended and his chest began. As we walked around the crowd greeting and just speaking with everyone, he kept his arm wrapped around my waist with his hand landing on my hip. Gavin has been slowly -and I mean snail slow, gaining my trust back. For some people, they would say I should just move on from the past and give him another chance, but when I left it was just the second time that he had been a traitor to our mating, I had given him everything, he was my first at everything and no matter how many excuses he gave me , I just can't believe him so easily.

"Dear new Luna, Please come out of the clouds and pay attention to your friend." A sarcastic voice pulled me out of my thoughts again.

I blinked a couple of times to see that it was Nivea smiling brightly as she looked a me. I immediately pulled her in to a hug, while being mindful of her once again growing stomach. We pulled away and just smiled at each other.

"I thought Atesh didn't want you to fly because of the baby and your delicate state." I asked gently rubbing her belly.

"It was just a small scare, nothing is wrong with the baby, and I'm fine, so I gave him a couple of ultimatums until I finally got one to work on him, so I could be here, do you know, he even agree to no sex if I didn't get to go, even no touching?" My best friend asked in surprise.

"Ha, that sounds like something he would do, but how did you get here, then?" I asked anticipating the answer.

"It was very simple, all I had to do was ignore him completely, I even slept in Chris's room for a few nights." She smirked wrapping her hands on the underside of her basketball sized belly.

"Speaking of my godson, where is the little hedge hog?" I asked looking around the crowd of adults and children.

"With his father by the food. Those two eat like there is no tomorrow. I hope my angel isn't like that." She pouted rubbing her belly.

"She'll be just like her mother, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing but-" I teased and Nivea pretended to choke me.

"When you have your babies, they will be just as bad as mine." She hugged me before sticking her tongue out and heading toward he mate and child.

'My children.' I thought as I watched her go. 'What would my children be like?'

"Are you alright?" Gavin asked appearing to my left and wrapping his arm around me.

"I'm fine, just need some fresh air." I answered looking straight ahead at his chest before gently pulling out of his arms.

I left him there in the room and kept walking until I made it up stairs to his bedroom or well our bed room that had a balcony. I pushed open the french doors and took a sat on the stone bench that sat on the left. Looking up at the moon I let my mind reel again, thinking of all the things that could have been, all the things that have been, and all the things that will be. I sat out there for about ten minutes before both Jeremy and Nivea joined me out on the balcony.