No Help

'You must tell our mate the problem, he wants this just as much as we do.' Marie tried to reason with me.

"I know but my emotions are out of whack and I just want to be alone." I huffed rolling over to lay on my stomach.

'He will understand, he-' Marie began before I cut her off.

"Okay Marie, damn, shut up already!" I snapped trying to sooth the cramps in my lower belly.

'Don't worry, I'm not taking it personally.' Marie replied calmly.

"At this moment, I don't give a fuck what anyone takes personally or not." I grumbled against the comforter.

"My love, are you alright?" Gavin's voice invaded my silence as he entered the room.

I peaked an eye open to see him coming toward me with a tub of ice cream, chocolate and strawberries. Hmm, someone came prepared, I wonder who told him.

"Who told you?" I asked sitting up on the bed watching the peace offering.

"Aside from the fact that we are mates and I am pretty much in tuned with your body and aside from the light smell, I've witnessed your sudden mood change and that could only mean one of two things. You're pregnant or on your period, the blood scent told me the latter." He explained setting the gifts down and open up the ice cream tub before pulling a spoon out of his pocket.

"I'd hoped it was the former but I guess it's not going to happen." I replied taking the spoon and digging in.

"There's no pressure to have a pup now, we have plenty of time." Gavin kissed my forehead.

"I need someone to look after, someone who needs me more than you could. I want to feel needed." I scooped the Ice cream into my mouth.

"We'll get our wish, don't stress about it, let's focus on you staying healthy, yeah?"

"Yeah," I grumbled munching on the cool creamy ice cream.

<^>^<^><^><^><^><^>

A week after that when my emotions were back in balance as well as my appetite, I was curious as to where Sholan had gone. I don't think he would have gone home without saying goodbye to me.

"Elaine, I've been wondering, where has Sholan gone, I haven't seen him since I got back." I entered the kitchen where the mother of my mate was cooking lunch.

"He's been helping out around here, in fact he should be out back with the boys, they wanted to build a tree house." She chuckled as she continued cooking.

With a short reply I headed out to the backyard to see some of the boys, Sholan and Gavin outside shirtless and joking around as they got work done. I watched for a few moments before I decided to interfere.

"Sholan!" I called out to him as I walked down the porch steps into short grass.

"Oh, hey, Shelly, I'm glad to see you doing better." He waved as he set a slate of wood down before approaching me.

"Yes thank you, I just wasted to ask you something that I think should be easy to tell me." I got stright to the point.

"If you're going to ask me when you're going to get pregnant then you'll have to take that up with boss man." He jerked a thumb over his shoulder in Gavin's direction.

"I'm the one that helped you out of the glass, I think it would be fair to help me out with this." I reasoned.

"Well there is a good reason for this, because if you keep stressing over the baby, then you're going to lose the baby, so What I suggest you do, it work on relaxing and being a Luna, then we'll see if you can get that baby." Sholan smirked.