Strange

"Amelia?" Gavin looked up at her with a raised brow.

"Yes, it's me. How've you been?" She smiled opening her arms expecting a hug.

Like a fool he quickly stood up and hugged her. I watched as they smiled- him nervously- and caught up a bit before she they started asking how each other had been.

"I'm here to meet my fiancé for our date, what about you?" She asked glancing over at me with a large smile.

"My wife and I are here on a date too." He turned to me with an almost pleading smile. "This is my wife Shelly, Shelly this is one of my good friends Amelia."

"This is the infamous Shelly!" If possible her smile got wider.

"Hi, it'a nice to meet you." I smiled politely shaking her hand.

"Wow! I heard so much about you. It was a few days after you left him and he was in my drinking and all depressed. He told me what he did and I didn't even blame you, so I told him he had to go cold turkey until you came back it'a only fair." She replied to my unasked question.

"I'm glad he took your advice, that's the only reason he has me back." I smiled deciding I liked her.

"I'm glad he got you back he was a mess without you." She teased before she looked over to the door and waved at man. "Well that's my man, it was a pleasure seeing you again Gavin, tell your brother to come visit the bar again, you two are always welcomed."

With that said she caught up to her fiancé kissed him and made their way over to their table. I turned my attention back to Gavin.

"I didn't sleep with her." Was the first thing he said.

"I never inquired that you did." I stared at him.

"I just want it to be known in case I upset you and you make that assumption." He replied looking at the menu.

"Why would I be upset?" My expression stayed blank.

"I don't know, maybe there was something I did and didn't realize it was wrong?" He shrugged and avoided my gaze.

"You're a grown man. Why do you feel the need to walk on eggshells?" I raised an eyebrow.

He looked up a me for a long moment before setting his menu down. He Locke his lips and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, whatever I did, I'm sorry."

"Let's just have a pleasant dinner, yea?" I looked down at my menu then called the waiter over.

                                                                     ~~~

"Well I can understand why. Though it's good, it's a little scary at how calm you are." Nivea laughed from her end of the phone.

"All I did was decide to give him a chance. There's no reason to stress myself out. How can I raise a pups in such a stress filled environment?"

"Look at you being all mature and what not, you'll make a great mommy, scary, but great." Nivea complemented me just as Gavin entered the bedroom.

"Are you ready?" He stood by the foot of the bed with his arms crossed.

"I'll call you later, boss man is here," I muttered barely holding back my smirk as Nivea burst out laughing on the other end.

"What was that all about?" Gavin eyed me suspiciously as I hung up and stuffed my phone in my pocket as I stood from the bed.

"Nothing let's get going."

The ride to the mall took less than twenty minutes. Less than twenty minutes of almost awkward silence. I guess he was still a little creep-ed out that  I didn't flip out on him but I'm sure he'll be getting over it soon enough.

"Is there a place you want to go to first?" Gavin asked as he held the door open for me.

"Maybe we should go to the baby store first, we need to buy some gifts for the twins." I suggested looking around for the right store.

"I thought Nivea said she didn't want a lot of stuff or nearly anything at all." He questioned following behind me.

"What pregnant woman wouldn't need anything for her baby, especially twin girls?"

"True, but what can we get them that they won't already be buying or get from her parents?" He picked up a pack of pacifiers and set them back down.