Chapter 27

~Lissa's POV~

I sat on the floor next to Harry's room for at least 45 minutes. I had no idea what was going on in there and part of me didn't want to know. It was 1 in the morning and the girls had all fallen asleep. The boys had decided to take them home before coming back. Tess had protested against leaving me, but Niall convinced her that she'd be more help after she had slept and was more alert.

It was only Louis and I on the floor now and my butt was getting sore. Tile floor is not very comfortable. I said nothing though, I was going to stay right here until I could see Harry.

The boys all came back one by one until we were lined up on the floor against the wall. 

Finally, the doctors came out of the room. The one that had been there first told us we could go in now. We followed him into the room and I noticed that Harry had a new, white cloth around his head, a new pillow, and that the blood had been washed out of his hair.

"What happened?" Liam asked.

"He had a bad gash on his head when he came in and we stitched it up. When you came in, some of the stitches had burst. It looked worse than it was. He'll be okay." 

Hearing a doctor say he was going to be okay gave me hope.

The doctor proceeded to tell us all of what happened. Apparently the other car had hit the cab right where Harry was sitting. The drunk driver died on impact and the cab driver made it out with only a few scraps. Harry, however, wasn't very lucky.

The window had shattered and he had gotten some very bad cuts. He broke two ribs, his left wrist, and got a nasty gash on his head. He had lost so much blood, that had the paramedics been there five minutes later, he would have died. Because of the hit to the head, he slipped into a coma. The doctor said he wasn't sure when Harry would wake up, but he was confident that he eventually would.

"Can- could he wake up with amnesia?" I asked hesitantly.

"Because of where he hit his head, having amnesia would be very unlikely."

I nodded, relieved. The doctor told us that we could stay as long as we liked and that if anything abnormal happened or Harry were to wake up, we should press the call button immediately. He then left, leaving us in silence.

There was a couch, a recliner and some chairs in the room. Niall and Liam went and sat down on the sofa, Zayn on the recliner, and Louis in one of the chairs. I slowly walked over to the right side of the room and dragged a chair up to the edge of Harry's bed.

I hesitantly grabbed his hand in mine and held it tightly. Tears began rolling down my face and landing on Harry's hand. 

 I rested my head on my arm on the edge of the bed so that I could still see Harry's face. I stayed like this for a long time until a nurse came into the room. I sat up and she smiled at me. 

"He'll be okay, dear." She promised, changing the fluid in some of Harry's IVs. "Some coma patients  can hear what's going on around them when they're in the coma. Try talking to him; give him motivation to wake up."

She gave me another smile before leaving the room. I looked at the boys then, noticing that they were all asleep. I turned back to Harry.

"Hey Hazza. How's it going?" I rolled my eyes at my own stupidity. "That was dumb, obviously you're not very good." I sighed. It was odd talking to someone when they couldn't reply.

"So... I hope you realized that I didn't cheat. And I'm sorry for never answering your calls and for hanging up on you last night." I began to tear up as I thought about it being my fault that he's in here.

"I'm so sorry you're here. It's all my fault! If I wouldn't have hung up on you, then you wouldn't have gone to the park and you wouldn't have been in the accident." I sniffed and wiped my face with my free hand, still holding onto Harry.

"So the other night I was thinking about all the things we did together. It was hard thinking about the good times when you weren't there. I thought about how we would always cuddle in bed and how I would fall asleep in your arms. And in the morning I would wake you up by kissing you or you would wake me up by giving me Eskimo kisses. And I thought about how you would wipe away my tears and hold me when I'm sad." I cried. "I wish you could do that now."

I looked at Harry carefully and noticed that he only had IVs in his left arm and that most of his bandaged areas were on his left. I thought over what I wanted to do and decided it would be okay. I carefully climbed onto the bed next to him and cuddled into his side, careful not to jostle him. I put my head on the pillow next to his and placed his arm across my stomach.

I should not be doing this. He was badly hurt; what if I hurt him even more? I couldn't make myself get up, despite how much I thought I should.   

 I buried my face in the crook of his neck and shut my eyes.

"Goodnight Harry." I whispered. "I love you."

~*~*~*~

~Harry's POV~ [Earlier]

"I..I can't." And the line went dead. I groaned. Why is it so difficult? Why can't anything just be easy? Why can't Lissa just let me explain myself?

After we arrived at the hotel and checked in, I wondered around the hotel looking for Brittaney. Once I found her - and boy was she surprised to see me.. and angry - and explained myself, she gave me Lissa's mobile number. I immediately rushed up to the room I was sharing with the boys and went to my room. I called Lissa and lets just say that it didn't go as planned.

 I stood up and paced around my room thinking about how I was going to get Lissa to listen to me. I would just go to her new flat, but no one - not even her own sister - knew where it was. I sighed in frustration and decided to get some air.

"Lou!" I called through the suit. "I'm going to take a cab to the park or something to clear my head."

"It didn't go well?" He asked, appearing from the living room.

"Not really, no."

"Hang in there Haz. Thing will turn up."

"Hopefully." I pulled on my trench coat and shoes before leaving the hotel. 

I waited at the side of the road for a cab. Luckily there were no fans out; it was pretty late and no one knew we were here yet.

Once a cab stopped for me, I asked him to take me to a park. He agreed and we were on our way.

I thought it would be a nice quite ride to the park; I didn't expect at all what happened next.

A car suddenly came barreling around the corner and slammed right into the cab. It hit right where I was sitting, cause the window to shatter. The car was pushed right into a stop sign, causing the other window to shatter. Despite wearing a seatbelt, I was flung across the car. I landed oddly with the door handle jabbing  my ribcage. When I hit the other side of the car, my head slammed into the broken window. Everything went black.

Wow. I've just discovered that I suck at writing car accident scenes. Sorry, hopefully it wasn't too bad. 

I don't think this chapter is a cliff hanger? Since you know about him being in the hospital and such. I know how annoying cliffies can be.

It's getting super hard to stop writing and I've been updating a lot! Unfortunately there will only be a few more chapters before the story ends. ): Thanks for all your support through this!

Hopefully you're liking it! (: