Chapter 19

Alright, so rewind back to before Lissa cheated.

~Lissa's POV~

"Bye!" I grinned and waved as Harry walked down the street.

I waited a few seconds until turning to walk to one of the shops. Instead I bumped straight into someone's chest.

"Oh! Sorry!" I apologized, looking at the boy in front of me. He looked strangely familiar.

"Lissa?"

"Um, how do you know my name?" I asked, becoming a bit creeped out.

"It's me! Jesse!" He grinned.

My eyes widened. "Jesse!"

He used to be my friend back when I still lived in the U.S. We've known each other since we were two.

"What are you doing here?" I wondered.

"I moved here to go to University. What about you? I thought you moved to England?"

"I did. I'm just visiting."

His face dropped. "Oh well I really missed you."

I didn't know what to say. With the stress of my parents' death and the move, I kind of forgot about him over the years. I just smiled.

He looked down at the sidewalk before looking about up at me and slowly leaning in. What was he doing...

Suddenly I felt strange, unfamiliar lips on mine. My eyes widened and I tried pushing him away. What did he think he was doing?! You can't just kiss someone without seeing them for years! And against their permission!

Jesse started kissing me harder and I wrapped my arms around his neck and grabbed his hair, pulling. He didn't budge. I yanked back on his hair and successfully got him to pull back.

"What the heck?!" I yelled. "What was that?!"

"I- uh."

"You can't just kiss me! I have a boyfriend! Didn't think about that possibility did you?"

His eyes widened. "You have a boyfriend?"

"Yes! Have you heard of One Direction?"

"Of course. Who hasn't?" He rolled his eyes. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"I'm dating Harry Styles. I'm here on tour with him."

"Aw crap. I'm sorry! I shouldn't have kissed you. I'm sorry! Please don't hate me! I'm so sorry!"

I started to feel guilty for making him feel so bad. But he kissed me... Whatever. I can argue with myself later.

"It okay. Still friends." I smiled and went to hug him. He returned the hug gratefully.

"So do you want to explain to me why you kissed me as soon as you saw me after however many years?" I asked, stepping back after a few seconds.

"Oh I don't know. Well, I had a crush on you when we were little and you look so beautiful and I couldn't help it." He explained, biting his lip.

"Oh, thanks, I guess. But now you know I have a boyfriend." I muttered, starting to feel awkward.

"Yeah. Unfortunately."

My eyes widened. "I live on the other side of the planet!"

"England is not on the other side of the world, dumb a--"

I cut off his bad language quickly. "You still like calling me mean things, I see."

"All in good fun."

It was hard acting normal with him. I was nine the last time I saw him. We are both a lot different, yet here he was acting as if we'd been hanging out everyday since then. I felt awkward around him.

"Well, I better get going."

"Okay. Can I have your number so we can stay in touch?"

"Uhh, I don't have a phone." I lied. I didn't want a repeat of this ever.

"Oh. That's too bad. Email?"

"Oh look at the time! I'm going to be late! Nice seeing you!" I flashed him a smile before rushing away. I felt a bit bad about just leaving like that, but it was so uncomfortable...

I slowed my pace as soon as Jesse was out of sight. I walked along the sidewalks of New York City, occasionally stopping in a shop. I bought a couple of things, but not much. I noticed that it was starting to get dark and quickly checked the time. It was an hour and a half past when Harry said he was going to pick me up. I hope everything's okay.

~Louis' POV~

"I don't know. He just hung up." I muttered.

Sometime this afternoon, Harry texted me telling me that he couldn't meet up with me, which turned out not to be a problem. I didn't think anything of it until I got a call from Lissa two hours later asking me to pick her up. Harry had told her that he left to come help me but told me he wasn't coming. I was very confused.

"He just hung up?" Lissa asked. "Is he okay?"

It was the middle of the night now and Harry wasn't back at the hotel yet. He called, after seeing all out messages, I assume, but just said he was fine. Lissa took the phone to talk to him but he snapped at her telling her to give it back to me. Something was not right. I could hear that he'd been crying.

"I'm sure he's fine, love." Liam assured.

We were all sitting in Lissa's room waiting for Harry to show up.

Zayn suddenly yawned. "Guys, he's a big boy. I'm sure he's fine."

"He's right. Let's just go to bed. He'll be here in the morning." Niall agreed.

Niall, Liam, and Zayn all departed to their separate rooms, but I stayed with Lissa. Tess was already knocked out on the other bed and I didn't want to leave Lissa alone. I could tell she wasn't handling Harry's absence very well.

~Lissa's POV~

It was two in the morning and Harry still wasn't back. He could be dead for all we knew. A sob escaped my mouth. I've been crying for the last hour. Louis, being the sweet boy he is, stayed with me, refusing to leave me alone.

Harry sounded so upset on the phone. He's never spoken to me like that! And now it was past two in the morning and he was gone!

I did nothing but cry, with Louis occasionally shushing me and telling me everything would be okay. Sometime around 2:30, I flinched at the sound of a door slamming. Not but a minute later, the shower in the room next to mine turned on. Harry.

That fact that he was back and didn't come see me made the tears even harder to stop. I calmed down once I realized that Harry was safe. That was all that was really important right now.

Louis decided to go check on Harry. He told me he'd only be a minute, but he never came back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ew. Crap ending.  :/

But anyway, now you know! Lissa didn't cheat, but Harry thinks she did. How will that turn out? O_o

So I said that I have finals next week. That's why this was so short. I wasn't planning on writing this until after finals, but I had a free study period and I couldn't help myself.

I've really gotta study for finals. So I won't be updating again until after finals late next week (for real this time).

Tell me what you thought!

vOtE, cOmMeNt, fAn (: