Chapter Thirty-Five: The Engagement Party; The Confrontation

"Coming!"

Evren shouted as she grabbed her bag and ran outside. She wore a lavender linen-blend cropped cami and pleated linen-blend shorts and sunglasses. Devrim waited for her outside, leaning on his truck, and he lowered his sunglasses as he saw Evren running to him.

"Good morning," Devrim said.

"Good morning," Evren beamed.

"Let me carry your bags for you," Devrim said, taking Evren's bags and loading them in the back of the truck.

"Thank you," Evren said. "Where's your family?"

"They're at the airport already. We're taking my grandfather's private jet," Devrim said.

"What?!" Evren said. "A private jet?!"

Devrim laughed. "I forgot to tell you. My grandfather is a wealthy businessman in Gocek. He owns half the hotels and resorts there."

"Wow," Evren said.

Devrim opened the car door for Evren as she got in. Devrim hurried to the driver's seat and drove to the airport.

***

Ozge walked inside Cayoglu Holdings with her resignation letter in hand. Serkan's office was in the seventh floor, and she had to take the elevator to get there.

The elevator bell dinged and the doors opened, revealing the all-too-familiar seventh floor. Where she lied to Can. Where both of their hearts broke that night. She shrugged it off, she didn't wanna cry right now. She didn't wanna remember Can.

Ozge knocked on the door of Serkan's office and went inside, finding Serkan in his desk, signing some papers. He looked up and saw Ozge.

"Ozge? Just in time, I have to tell you something---"

"Mr. Serkan, I'm here to resign," Ozge said, cutting Serkan off.

She gave him her resignation letter and Serkan took it.

"Resign?" Serkan said.

"Yeah. I'm thankful for the opportunity you gave me, Mr. Serkan," Ozge said. "But I'm leaving for Italy tonight."

"Tonight?! Hold on, Ozge, you need to know something. You should come to the party tonight," Serkan said.

"Party? What party?"

Serkan cleared his throat. "It's Can and Diletta's engagement party. But I promise something good will happen tonight. For you and Can."

"What do you mean?" Ozge raised an eyebrow.

"I want it to come from Can, Ozge. So please come tonight," Serkan said. "Besides, won't you tell Can you're leaving for Italy?"

Ozge sighed heavily. Serkan gave her the party invitation and she took it.

"Come to the party later, alright? It starts at 5:30 PM. Can will be happy to see you," Serkan said.

"I'm not sure if I'll make it, but I'll tell you if I will," Ozge said. "Thank you."

Serkan nodded. Ozge turned around and left the office.

***

5:20 PM. Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul At The Bosphorus.

Can adjusted his suit and tie, looking at himself in the mirror. Tonight as the night he'll tell the truth to everybody.

"Ozge, wait for me," Can muttered to himself. "I'll expose the truth once and for all, and then I'm coming to you."