Chapter Thirty-One: He's In Love

"Mom?"

Evren ran to the woman who immediately sprinted away from her and to the elevator. Evren followed close but was too late when the elevator went upward. She ran to the stairs and headed for the fifteenth floor.

She stopped midway, sitting down at a bench  in seventh floor as her phone rang. She took it out and saw it was from Ozge.

"Hey, Evren," Ozge said. "I spent the night at Can's mansion, but I'm going home now. I also already gave him the documents about Demet's death..."

"Ozge," Evren said, and tears welled up her eyes. "My mother is here at Yaman Holdings! She's here."

"WHAT?" Ozge exclaimed. "Alright, I'm on my way."

***

Ozge hung up and put her phone in her bag as she walked through Can's garden. Miss Tulay was trimming the plants when she saw Ozge pass by.

"Miss Ozge?" Miss Tulay smiled as she put down her scissors to go to Ozge. "Leaving so soon? I assume you'd be eating your breakfast here with Mr. Can."

"Oh, no need, Miss Tulay," Ozge said. "I also have somewhere to be."

Miss Tulay frowned. "That's too bad. I would have wanted you to stay. Mr. Can is much happier with you around."

Ozge smiled, looking down. Miss Tulay took her hand and held it.

"Miss Ozge, I just wanna thank you for loving Can," Miss Tulay said. "As you've known, I've taken care of him ever since he was a little boy. He was always silent, quite mature for his age. He's also not the type to hang with people. And he was always sad. But that all changed when you came, Miss Ozge. Even Miss Demet couldn't change Can. It was you who gave him hope, who made him smile like a little kid, because he never got to when he was younger. Thank you, Miss Ozge. I can see how Can loves you. He hasn't loved anyone like that all his life. You make him better. You make him happy. I know he's gonna ask you to marry him soon. I hope you say yes."

Ozge's tears welled up her eyes and she gulped.

"Miss Tulay, Can can find someone better than me," Ozge said, gently taking her hand back. "I don't wanna hurt him anymore."

Ozge walked past Miss Tulay and immediately got out of the property. Miss Tulay watched her leave until she was out of her sight.

"What did she mean?" Miss Tulay muttered.

***

"And?"

Diletta took a knife and sliced her pancake before stabbing it and putting it into her mouth. Her men watched her eat, wishing they could have pancakes too.

"Miss Diletta, Yildirim is currently staying at the Presidential Suite at Ciragan Palace Kempinski," one of her men said. "Shall we take him out?"

Diletta thought about it for a while as she poured syrup.

"Alright. Kill him and take the evidence," Diletta said. "I don't want a messy murder. Clean everything up after you're done with him. Make sure to leave no trace or you'll get it from me. Understood?"

"Understood, Miss Diletta," her men said.

"Good," Diletta said, eating another pancake.

She noticed her men staring at her plate, almost drooling. Diletta rolled her eyes.

"You guys can eat and then you can go," Diletta said.

They immediately took their seats and grabbed plates.

***

Can threw the documents at Efe's lap, pinching the bridge of his nose, not believing everything he just read. They are at his office in Strawberry Place and it's already 11:00 AM. Efe opened the documents and as he read through them, he widened his eyes.

"I can't believe this," Efe muttered. "Ozge was the reason for Demet's death?"

Can nodded, looking outside.

"Isn't that such a coincidence?" Efe said. "Ozge, the one you've fallen in love with, is the reason for your ex-fiance's death. It's like Fate wanted to play with you both."

Efe looked at Can who was looking at the window, not saying anything.

"But you know, Can, I don't believe Ozge could do such a thing. Even if it was not intentional," Efe said, scrunching his eyebrows. "Maybe there's something deeper into all of this."

"I don't know, Efe," Can said. "Ozge basically said goodbye earlier. She said I might not want to see her again anymore."

"Do you?" Efe said. "Are you mad at her?"

Can looked at Efe.

"That's the thing, Efe!" Can exclaimed. "I'm not mad! Not a single bit! I should be, right? If Ozge was the reason Demet died, why am I not mad? Why am I not angry? On the contrary, it's like I'm glad she told me because now I know why she's avoiding me."

Efe's frown slowly turned into a smile as he patted Can's shoulder.

"Because you love her, Can. You're not in love with Demet. Maybe you never really were," Efe said.

Can sighed as he looked at his framed picture with Ozge at the beach, standing on his desk.

***

Serkan and Hande are in Karaman, watching the new hotel being constructed. Hande gave him her blueprints for the interior and exterior design for the hotel. There were over a hundred workers working on the new building.

Serkan and Hande went to the rooftop and admired the view of Karaman from up the establishment. Hande looked at Serkan and noticed his sad expression.

"Are you okay?" Hande asked. "If you don't like my designs, I can change them---"

"No, it's not that, it's just---" Serkan hesitated. He wasn't sure if he should tell her.

Hande held his hand, and Serkan softened.

"See, I have this childhood friend, Can, we were best friends when we were younger," Serkan said. "But life got to us. And my dad was drowning in debt. My father asked Can's father to lend him a specific amount of money, and Dad promised he'd give it back as soon as he gets back on his feet. But Can's father denied his request and insulted us in front of everyone. It was Can's father's birthday. Can just stood there, while we were being humiliated by his father. I was angry at him. I told myself I'd be successful one day and I'd take him and his father down. His father died, however, when he was just thirteen. He was killed. I wanted to be there for Can as his friend, but pride got the best of me. And ever since, I always competed with him. I would sabotage his businesses or proposals with clients. And I know a... secret. And I know I have to tell him. I just don't know how."

"Do you still consider him as your best friend?" Hande asked.

Serkan chuckled. "Actually, yeah. I miss hanging out with the guy."

"Then I think you should tell him," Hande said. "You're a good person, Serkan. I know you'll do the right thing. And if telling him is the right thing, do it."

Serkan took out his phone and texted Can.

Can, meet me at Mikla tonight, 8:30 PM. I have something important to tell you.

A/N:

AHHHHHH. Excited for the next chapter! skskdj please vote and comment as much as you can, loves! :) Love you and see you in a few hours <3