Chapter Eighteen: The Red Car

"Well then, Son, I guess I have to go," Guldem said, standing up. "We have a new partnership agreement with a very special client today. I'm very busy."

"Alright, Mom," Can said, sitting down.

Guldem throws one last look at Ozge then left the garden. Ozge laughed, waving goobye at Guldem.

"Your mom hates me, you know," Ozge said, eating one last twirl of pasta from her plate.

"When she gets to know you, she'll change her mind," Can said.

Ozge finished her food, putting her arms on the table as she stared at Can. Can smiled at her, appreciating her smooth features.

"You wanna go inside? I'll tour you around," Can said.

"I'd love to!" Ozge beamed.

They both got up, Can walking ahead as he laced his fingers through Ozge's, entering the mansion. High ceilings, and big chandeliers greeted Ozge as she looked up, in awe of how beautiful his house is.

"Wow," Ozge muttered. "I know I've been here before, but your house is literally beautiful. Very cool, Mr. Architect."

Can chuckled. "This house actually has 11 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, as well as a movie theater, 5,000 bottle wine cellar with its own tasting room, a salon and spa, a sports bar, night club, horse trails outside, duck ponds, a helicopter hangar, horse stables, infinity edge pool, coastal views of Istanbul in every room, and a regulation-sized polo field with its own polo club. So, where do you wanna start?"

Ozge chuckled. "I think let's just go to the horses for now. We'd be late for work if we tour the whole place."

"Alright," Can said, and they went to the horse stables.

Ozge watched the horses, touching their noses every now and then. They stopped at the last stable, where a white horse stood proud over them.

"This is my favorite horse, Jack," Can said, petting the horse.

"Why'd you name him Jack?"

"Well, ever since I was thirteen, my father used to train me for Polo. My dad, Guven, aside from being a successful businessman, played and was a professional Polo player. He wanted me to follow in his footsteps," Can said. "When I was still starting out for training, I kept messing up. I couldn't stay on the horse for too long, I always lost my balance. I remember always getting bruises from it. But this guy, right here..."

Can gave Jack another handful of grass, and Jack ate it with ease.

"...it's like, he always believed in me. He helped me balance on his back, which made it easier for me to play. And on my first tournament, I won. And it's because of Jack. He's the Jack of all trades," Can said.

Ozge petted Jack, giving him another handful of grass.

"Good boy, Jack," Ozge said, then she turned to Can. "I can see why you're very fond of him."

Can smiled, his eyes lingering on Ozge.

"Polo wasn't the only thing my dad taught me," he said, leaning closer. "He said, if you love something and you can't live without it, fight for it. Do anything for it. In the end, you'll get your prize."

"Am I your prize?" Ozge smiled, raising an eyebrow.

"You're my everything, Ozge," Can said.

Ozge smiled, pinching both of Can's cheeks.

***

"Mr. Can's really been in such a good mood nowadays, isn't he?" Berna Makbule, Efe's personal assistant, said. "I think it's because of Miss Ozge."