Chapter 28: Why Do I Feel Nothing

***AUTHORS NOTE***

TRIGGER WARNING

This chapter contains slightly mature themes and violence that may disturb some readers.

***END AUTHORS NOTE***

While the ship migrated its way to the Broadway Theatre, Baaul taught me a few things. One was how to hold the knives if using them for hand to hand combat. I was to keep it level with the ground so that way if someone I was punching doged my fist, it was likely that he would eat some sharp metal.

Next was my mask. Because my vision was different than theirs, the mask was able to add a few different features. I had night vision as well as echolocation. If people were hiding from me, I could see them even through walls. Nifty. The mask was a major component in all of my new toys.

To use the cannon on my shoulder I had to use the mask. It targeted what my eyes were locked onto and fired when I blinked. Baaul had said the mask could literally pick up my thoughts and fire that way, but I was having issues with the concept so he adjusted it. My bow also used the same locking tech with the mask. This was actually much easier for me to use because I was used to playing virtual reality games that were very similar. Yay for being a gaming nerd for once!

He pointed to a small round device built into my gauntlet. It was like a metal ball, about the size of a ball bearing on a car. My very own cloaking device! I nearly shit myself when he showed me I was translucent! If I was still enough, I could become entirely invisible. This was too fucking cool!

I wanted to show Baaul some actual moves before we got there and ask his opinion, but we ran out of time. A small beep notified us that we were there and when I looked out of the navigation window I could see the theatre from above as people started pouring out or whatever show they were watching. I had never heard of it anyway. They were oblivious to us because of the ship's cloaking device.

Baaul navigated the ship low enough for us to hop onto the roof and used his wrist device to autopilot it up high enough so as to not risk it's whereabouts being discovered by a low flying pilot. That would sure to damper someone's day.

He started to make his way toward a door that obviously led inside and I reached for his arm. "Wait! I think we need to approach this a bit more cautiously."

"What do you suggest?"

I motioned to the electrical wires to the building. "Are you familiar with computer viruses?"

Baaul turned his head curiously and I knew he was looking the term up with his mask. "Yes."

"We should look into taking the cameras down. Possibly even the power. If you think about it, the only way they could have gotten all of them is if they had a way of tracking them and getting them all into one area where they were taken down quickly. You said it's likely they are sedated, so they could have used a toxic gas or tranquilizers. They were clearly prepared for you guys which means we can't just waltz in..." I placed my hands on my hips while I thought out loud. "We don't want to repeat the same mistakes. So I think we need to be a step ahead of them this time."

"If we can find an ooman computer, I could try to overload it with Yautja data. It will likely register as a 'virus' and accomplish this goal." Baaul nodded, seemingly impressed with my plan.

"Can you access Xai'an's mask? Possibly get a layout of where-whoa..." As I spoke I was suddenly shown a video that wasn't my own vision. I had no doubt I was suddenly seeing through Xai'an's eyes and I had no idea how I did it. "How is this happening?"

"You're Xai'an's mate. When I put in the request for your armor the ship recognized you and must have given you a direct link to all his connections. It is customary for mates."