Chapter 11: After the Party

Madison's POV

I didn't wanna go to this stupid party. But, lately I've been trying to be a good girlfriend and actually like him. At this point, I felt like I was stuck with him. I didn't have Avery anymore, so I may as well be happy with him.

So that's what I did; well tried to.

Most of the time I sat in the living room with Gabriel while he talked with his friends. Lindsey and Brandy were here but they were around doing whatever they wanted. I wasn't in the best of moods, I felt like shit.

I really missed Avery. Just as I thought that, I saw her talking and grinning with Michaela. I couldn't help the frown that made its way onto my face. I shook my head looking away, but I couldn't help but look at them again.

Wow, already? What happened to loving me? I saw them laughing and Michaela pulled Avery outside.

"What's going on baby, you don't seem so well." Gabriel said. "You sure you don't want a drink?" I looked down at him as he stared at me worriedly. I smiled and pushed my lips against his, trying to forget what I just saw.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sure, I'll just take a couple sips of that. Thank you." He nodded, rubbing my waist. He handed me the cup.

"I love you, you know? Thank you for being here for me through everything. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna try to be better for you."

"Thank you Gabriel, that means a lot to me. I'm glad you've been feeling better." I've realized I don't really love him. I couldn't tell him that, so I've been avoiding saying anything like that to him. I had been trying to convince myself that maybe I could, one day love him. Maybe I could.

I looked outside through the window and saw Avery and Michaela talking. Avery stood up and came inside.

She was obviously drunk, no doubt about it. She had a little confident smirk on her face and she was swaying. She didn't seem to be paying attention to anything around her, she just didn't seem to care at all.

Of course, I got up and followed her to the kitchen. I wanted to ask her about Michaela.

"Moved on quick huh?" I told her; angrily and I had the right to be mad. She told me she loved me and now she's with someone else, giggling and smirking. How dare she?

She ignored me and I huffed. I just wanted her to look at me, to look me in my eyes and tell me she loves me again. "I guess I was right." She rolled her eyes at me and turned around.

"What do you want?" She glared at me, anger written all over her face. I stared at her, my mouth dropped in shock. But, I had done it, it was my fault she hated me, I couldn't blame her.

"I–I just..."

"I told you I was done with you. I've realized I'm too good for you." My mouth dropped as my heart shattered inside of me. She was serious... seriously done with me. She couldn't be, right? She was supposed to love me.

I pulled her back, bringing her lips to mine.

Her arms wrapped around me as I held her tightly. I wanted her to know that I was sorry, that I never wanted to lose her again. I missed this, I missed her so much. I hoped she felt the same way. I hoped she didn't just want me for a bet, I hoped that she actually loved me.

I just wanted her love again. Because honestly, it was the only real love I thought I knew... and if it was a lie...

She pulled back and I held her, not wanting her to leave. I took a deep breath and looked at her.

"Avery, were you with me because of the bet?" I asked her, staring into her eyes.

"If you have to ask me that, then you really don't know me." She picked up her drinks, shaking her head. "I thought I made how I felt about you obvious?" She told me. I watched her walk away as I touched my lips.