Chapter 20: Love

Avery's POV

Connor was really pissing me off tonight, more than usual.

He made comments about how hot Madison was and what he'd do to her. He knew it pissed me off, I didn't understand why he even did it. He knew I'd beat his ass. At least as good as I could until his stupid guards helped him. Violence didn't mean shit to me anymore, he left me no choice.

"Hold her boys." Connor told them and went to sit down. He got on his phone and began typing. "Today, you talked to her. You told her sorry in class. Did you forget I had people around? I also saw you talk to her in the hallway." I didn't say anything and he smiled. "You will be punished for this you know?" I didn't say anything again and he grinned. "Michaela, you can take Avery home tonight." He told her, winking.

"Connor, whatever this is–"

"Now you want to talk? Too late. Michaela's going to take pictures of you two together and send them to Madison's phone. And you will comply with whatever she says or that video along with another of you two in a classroom will go out." I tried to get away from the men, but they wouldn't budge.

"No! She's hurt enough! I've hurt her enough! Please." I begged him, tears coming to my eyes.

"When my sister begged you to not kill her, you did."

"And when I told her to fuck off, she didn't. It's her own fault she died. She wanted to kill me." I yelled at him. He shook his head.

"Boo hoo. You're going home with Michaela." She smiled at me and I glared at her. She grabbed my hand, rubbing my arm.

"Goodnight guys, have fun." He winked at me.

Michaela followed me to my car.

We got in the car and I started up the engine.

"I meant to tell you, you did so well at practice today." She mumbled, shyly. I nodded, not answering her. "I–I like to watch you play, I've been to all of your games. Can't say the same for Madison."

"Don't say her name." I looked straight ahead, gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"Okay... How are your dads?"

"Horrible. They hate me and they hate you." She looked out of the window, it was quiet for the rest of the ride. We got to her house and all of the lights were off.

"No one's here. It's just me, really." I raised my eyebrow.

"Didn't you say your sister was picking you up one night?" She shrugged.

"I did, and she did. But I live here alone. Connor bought the house for me." I had no idea what was going on with those two, but honestly, I didn't know if I cared.

I got out of the car, following her into the house. It was a small house, just enough for one person. But it was nice.

She took my hand and led me to her couch, sitting me down.

"Are you hungry?" She asked me. I took a deep breath, why was she so crazy?

"No, no appetite."

"You've got to take care of yourself Ave, I ju–" I glared at her, clenching my jaw. I stood over her, my fists balled up.

"Do not ever, call me that. Ever again, or so help me God. You're not Madison and you never will be her. I know you wear her perfume, you're pathetic." She nodded, cowering in fear.

"I–I'm sorry." She mumbled. I took a deep breath and looked at her.

"Why are you doing this? You know, making me have sex with you is just going to make me hate you more?" She sighed and nodded.