Chapter 5: She's Just a Friend

Madison's POV

I sat in the bathroom crying about Gabriel and I. He doesn't even care that I was crying, he just stood there and let me go.

"Don't let him ruin your night. We were having so much fun." I heard behind me. I looked down, not wanting her to see me crying like that. I quickly wiped my eyes and sniffed.

"I'm okay, you can go." She sighed and pulled me into her. I wanted to laugh at how short she was, but it was comforting. More so than I thought it'd be. I laid my head on her shoulder, her cologne engulfing my senses.

"I won't leave you while you're like this. I wouldn't ever." She whispered to me, making me cry more. She treats me so well. "I understand why you're crying. It must be frustrating. He's a bitch." I ignored the last part, wanting to laugh a little.

"It is! He never listens to what I say and now he tells me I don't listen to him. I can't believe this. I do all I can to please him, but he doesn't even care about my feelings." She rubbed my back soothingly, immediately calling me down.

"I know, he's fucking crazy I'll tell you. I would never try to piss off a girl with a bowling arm like you." I laughed and so did she. "I mean the way the ball hits the ground terrifies me. Not to mention how you throw those gutter balls with so much force. You thought I didn't see that one that almost went to the other lane?" We both laughed harder and I pushed away from her, punching her shoulder.

"Leave me alone." She laughed and took my shoulders in her hand.

"Seriously though Mads, he shouldn't be treating you like that. You're too good a girl for that." She spoke to me seriously and I felt shy under her stare. I nodded and she kissed my cheek, too close to my lips, making my cheeks warm up. I caught myself looking at her lips, they were nice and plump. "I'm sorry, it was just instinct." I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say about that. Something in me felt weird, like I wasn't satisfied. But I pushed it down. "It's a friendly thing, nothing serious." She mumbled, stepping back from me. I looked at her and I could tell she was embarrassed about it. I saw a small blush rise on her cheeks and I smiled a little. God, she's so cute. You know, like a puppy or something.

"You need to work on your eavesdropping skills." She shrugged with a sly smile.

"Don't know what you're talking about." She sang playfully. I laughed at her. Then I sighed and looked up at her.

"I'm sorry for always coming to you for problems about him. I know how you feel about me. I know it must be hard." She stared at me then shrugged.

"As long as you're happy. I'm also glad you've finally realized that me loving you is possible." I looked away from her and she sighed and hugged me. "I'll listen whenever you need to talk about it. No matter what time or when, I promise." I hugged her back tightly.

"Thank you Ave, it's weird sometimes I think you love–" The door opened and I jumped back. Gabriel stood there and his eyes were wide.

"I knew something was going on with you two!"

"Dude, it's not what it looks like. She loves you–" He walked over quickly and pushed Avery. His hand went up to punch her and I stood between them.

"Gabriel stop!" I told him, holding his hand. Avery was behind me, fuming.

"No, let him come. I'll beat his ass." She growled. I turned to her, my hand on her chest.

"Avery, please." She looked at me, her eyes softening. She stepped back and Gabriel went around and punched her.

Her head snapped to the side and she fell back, leaning on the wall. She stood quickly, glaring at him. I ran over to her, pleading her with my eyes, not to do anything.