Chapter 19: Pain and Misery

Madison's POV

I sat by Avery in class today and glared at her. But honestly, looking at her made things so much harder for me.

It was like I ended up seeing what parts of her had made me fall for her. I thought of what she'd said to me and how she made me feel. And it broke my heart even more that she'd do this to me.

As my hands went around her neck, she stared at me. She stared at me like she had all those times she'd told me she loved me.

She loved me.

I felt myself loosening my grip on her neck. I focused on her eyes, her lips, her. I wanted to feel her lips again, I wanted her to touch me again. More than anything, I wanted her to love me again.

I leaned down, wanting to kiss her. I saw her coming to kiss me and I thought everything would be okay. I thought things were back to normal. I heart trembled, thinking she'd love me again.

Then, she pushed me off and stood, leaving the class. I couldn't help the tears that came from my eyes. I had cried so much, the teacher and principle had decided not to do anything about me trying to choke her. Not to mention the fact that Avery didn't even say anything to them about it. Maybe she'd said something to them.

The whole school had known about it. People were staring at me like I was crazy throughout the day. Maybe I was.

Xander had come to talk to me, but I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything about it. What'd he want me to say?

Besides, I knew he still talked to her. I saw them whispering to each other in the hallways all the time. I didn't need him to go and tell her what I said. If she wants to know about me, she could actually talk and acknowledge me.

At the same time, I didn't know if I wanted her to talk to me. I had never felt hurt like this before in my life. I never thought Avery would be the one to do that to me.

I trudged into the cafeteria, wiping my eyes a little. I hope I didn't look as bad as I felt, everyone had been talking so much about us lately. I didn't want to go to lunch, but where else would I go? I'd been skipping school a lot, but it was because I didn't want to see Avery and Michaela together.

Speaking of that, I glanced up towards their table and the two were standing in front of it. Michaela told Avery something and she leaned up to kiss her. I saw Avery's hands go around her waist and I broke.

I tore my eyes away from them, as tears formed. I stopped in my tracks, shutting my eyes tightly, trying to be strong. I wouldn't let her have that control over me. She was done with me? Fine.

"You piece of shit!" I heard and my eyes flew towards the voice. Brandy stood there, glaring at Avery, who was covered in chocolate milk. My eyes widened.
"How dare you do all of that with her, tell her you love her and then do... this?" I mean, she was right, truly.

"Bitch, how dare you-" I saw Michaela say, going towards Brandy. Surprisingly, Avery stopped her and told her something. I shook my head and turned, leaving the cafeteria. I didn't want to see anymore. Avery made her choice, now she'll reap the benefits. I'm just glad I had such good friends. I walked through the hallways, moving throughout keeping my head down.

"Dammit." I heard and looked up and saw Avery. My heart stopped as she saw me. She looked into my eyes and her mouth dropped. "I–" She started and then grimaced.

"Avery, why are you doing this?" I asked her, walking towards her. She shook her head at me, walking backwards.

"Just... stay away from me Madison." She told me, turning and running the other way. I stared behind her, she ripped my heart open even more. This time, I couldn't stop the tears from flowing out of my eyes.