Chapter 7: Sarah's Only Chances

(Sarah's POV)

My kidnapper had already snatched me from the boot in the condition of still being cuffed up and taped tightly. My wrists ached and I was beginning to sweat for another several minutes, as I felt myself being carried bridal-style with his slippery, sweaty fingers covering my eyes. I tried peeking in between his fingers but no gaps were apparent to me. I could hear him whistle on the walk, like he had proudly accomplished something. Pfft, what did this man think he was? A hero? After what, taking me from my home?

Interrupting my thoughts, I felt bumps in the ground- as it felt like he had stepped up a notch after walking on a flat surface for five minutes straight. Finally our walk had come to an end. He removed his fingers from my sight as I lay in his arms in front of what looked like a dump yard. This small block had been crossed off with a short wooden fence made out of very old planks, as some of them were leaning on others.

There was hardly any room to walk and no grass in sight. Old signs had been stacked on top of piles of rubbish that were shaped like pyramids near the fence. They consisted mostly of cans, wrappers, plastic and simply more cans. They were very tall and looked as if they were built so you could step up to walk over the roof of his house.

Everywhere I looked I saw garbage. Everywhere the man stood there was garbage. It was bad enough that I had to be trapped with a malice person with a sinister mind. The block contained a bad smell as it followed through to his small house; the aroma was probably spreading from room to room. I had absolute no idea how someone could live in this environment. I know for sure that I definitely had no chance to live in a place like this.

Before he carried me into his house I tried to look around secretly to find a covert way out of this nightmare that I had supposedly put myself in. If it was possible to get myself into it then it should be possible to get myself out of it. I had to escape and run away from here as soon as possible. Maybe when the man was asleep? Or whenever he didn't have his eyes fixed on me? The thoughts snapped out of my mind when he took me inside.

I still faced the outside of the house, as I was still trying to figure out a possible way to escape. I know if I was to mess things up easily then there was no way I was going to get out of here. I had one chance. Only one chance. That chance gave me the answer to whether I was going to be free or trapped for who knows how long.

He dropped me on his hardly-stuffed couch, taking the cuffs and tape off of me. My body plumped, wobbling on it. It was as hard as a rock with only a few pieces of cushion left inside. As I sat it gave me time for my eyes to adjust to the darkness inside his house. I finally looked around to see his tiny kitchen was combined with his lounge room, making the entrance of the house. Although there was no T.V. a book shelf stood still in the corner with a grey, cracked coffee table beside it. One table leg had a massive chip following through to the end, leading to a shaggy and murky cloth that was spread out beneath it.

I turned for the kitchen when seeing the man rip off his disguised uniform. He had a normal, plain white t-shirt on underneath and a pair of trousers. He would've been warmed up for sure! He threw the uniform to the corner diagonal from the bookshelf. In that corner sat a rusty, antique washed-out brown closet. On top of the closet was a dusty lavender vase which held two flowers with crumbled-like petals, bereft of life which were soaked in soiled, filthy brown water.

To my right was an old fireplace with old and washed out coloured bricks as the outside. A big black stain was visible on some of the bricks on the top, obviously being burnt once before. Being burnt once before. Burnt. The words were imprinted in my mind. Burnt. What if he kidnapped kids and made them suffer in front of all the heat? Was I going to get burnt? I started to breathe heavily, taking two short breaths each second.