Chapter 6: The End of Sarah's World

(Sarah's POV)

I was hanging over the man's buffed up back. My legs were kicking fiercely in front of his face, fighting against the strong wind and his muscular hands. My hair fell in my face just above his waist, and my arms were punching his body madly until I was exhausted. What was I thinking? That I could beat up a forty year old looking man? No way in my mind would that happen! Especially not when I am upside down and I have the view of the back of his pants.

The wind picked up my dress and flew it in front of his face, making him a tad angry. I could already see what I was going to be dealing with - a kidnapper with anger management. A croaky grunt escaped his mouth as I tried to ignore the fact that he could've possibly seen my underwear.

I let out a huge and piercing scream, shaking my head wildly in response. Although I tried to scream 'help' it turned out to fade into a normal scream as if I had seen the biggest and hairiest spider. It worked better for me that way though, because I was screaming at the top of my lungs.

My hair was getting tangled in the belt of his pants, almost forming the biggest knot in history. I tugged at it to undo the knot, but that only made it one hundred times tighter. His head turned in the direction of a 90 degree angle. I didn't want him to think I was trying to take his belt or anything, so I started kicking and wailing again. In response, he only threw me up a notch higher than I was, making me land flat on his bumpy shoulder again.

My stomach twisted, and all my insides jumped up and down, making me feel like I was about to throw up at the back of his legs. Did that really cause his sudden outburst? By kicking and wailing? I knew my now the kicking and wailing was going to get me no where. No one was around to hear me and this man was too strong for my bones.

I watched behind as one of his feet took a fast step straight after the other, walking towards his vehicle. I felt myself being crammed at the back of the boot of what looked like a bulky, oversized dump truck. Before I could predict what was going to happen next my hands were cuffed with such force that it created red marks on my wrists.

He attempted to attach the cuffs to something in his boot, but my unfree body wriggled so much that it was impossible to get me still. The man had such a firm grasp as he shook my body as an attempt to stop me from kicking my feet in the air like a dying beetle and screaming aloud like a crying, hungry baby.

The boot was pretty much empty and spacious, although the only thing left that I hadn't seen in the corner was a new roll of grey duct tape like it was planted there for times like now. I knew I was now going to be known as a 'victim' in a crime scene investigation.

Who knows when, where or how I was going to end up, I just knew this was going to be the end of my world. Before I could think any longer or scream any louder a large piece of duct tape was plastered across my mouth, keeping all my deafening screams inside of me that nobody else seemed to hear. It was fixed on so tight I couldn't even vary the bearings of my lips.

Calming me down prolonged in a matter of ten minutes, and the process continued on after I was fully tied up and embedded, incapable of escaping. Before he slammed the boot door to finish me off, I took one last look at my lovely house that sat on our old block. The curtain on the right window was dishevelled and hanging on one corner.

Pieces of a beautiful blue vase had been shattered on the window sill due to the harsh slam of the front door. I swallowed all my never-ending tears, deep thoughts and loving feelings. I shoved them to the back of my head, not wanting to upset myself in the middle of this crisis that I had put myself in.

It was the last time I was going to see my beautiful house and live with my beautiful and caring mother who I know would be devastated when she would find the house in a state looking as if it were the battle field from World War II with no daughter locked up inside. But I couldn't contain myself after enormous tears escaped from my eyes, and when I blinked they fell from hanging off the tip of my long, dark eyelashes. My tears landed on the inside of the boot, ending with a massive paint-like splat.

Although I tried not to think negatively, I couldn't help to think that in an odd thirty years from now on a cold winter's night my mother wouldn't be crying in her rocking chair knitting by the window. Instead, she would probably take one look out the window at the shining stars above while sitting at the fireplace. She'd be cosy and warm with her grandchildren eating cookies whilst watching their favourite movies with her 'then-adopted daughter' - my replacement.

But I would know that deep inside she'd be faking a smile. She would be looking outside the window thinking of her real daughter who had no clue of what trouble she had put herself in thirty years before. Absolute no idea of how her hopeless mistakes and useless mind affected her life.

I snapped out of my depressing thoughts of my twisted future, although I wouldn't know if I would have one after being taken away with a loser of a man. I was looking at my mother's future too. The one I could possibly put her in now. I stopped with the upsetting thoughts again when I realised everything in my sights had turned pitch black.

I heard the truck's engine halt even when I swore I had never heard it start in the first place. I heard the keys being ejected from the ignition, although it sounded as if they were taken out after being turned the wrong way at least three times. We must've been at a new destination now.

My lips, fingers and toes soon became numb and my eyes started to water rapidly. My throat began to dry up and my glands stretched too much, becoming a deep blood-red.The flesh around my wrists began to swell underneath the cuffs. Heat rose to my body in a matter of seconds, as sweat was forming from my unsettling movements of shuffling and shifting my weight ferociously around in the boot like I was about to be vaccinated.

My cheeks turned a beet red and I breathed harshly, twice as much as I should've been each second. The truck started to rock heavily and laboriously under my weight. I stiffened, trying to ball my hands up as my defence to the roof of the boot of what I was about to do. My fists clenched callously as I started to bang the cuffs on the roof of the boot. They thumped against it loudly, as I was hoping to make the thumping sound dangerous and chaotic enough for someone nearby to hear.

But with my luck reality stepped in again. Fate had held me in a bad position. No one was going to hear me besides the creepy kidnapper who I was probably going to have to be a slave for. I had no thoughts of how he would've known about me in the first place, let alone thinking up these ideas of how to make an average sixteen year old think otherwise about a parcel being delivered to their house. I hoped to make damage to the roof of his boot, but I knew it was no use.

The boot door opened and I felt myself being dragged out like a rag doll. This was it. It was going to be the end of me and my dreams. My family and friends. Me and the world. Me and my happiness. But most importantly, me and my life.