4

Rosé peeked behind the marble walls and saw her mom talking to her dad.

   Rosé looked around for a way outside, sadly the only way out was the throne room door.

   She turned around and saw the warrior captain. The captain was talking to one of the advisors, he excused himself and walked off into another direction.

   The advisor turned around and left.

   Rosé thought maybe the warrior is leaving the palace by another way, she wasn’t aware of.

   She carefully followed the captain to a small old wooden door. The warrior stopped and chuckled.

   “I know you're behind me, my highness.” The warrior said with his deep voice.

   He turned around and waited until Rosé came out from her hiding space.

   “Please don’t tell my parents.” Rosé mumbled. The warrior smiled sweetly.

   “I won’t.” The captain replied. He looked Rosé up and down before asking, “Are you running away?”

   Rosé looked away and gulped. The warrior sighed, knowing what the princess wanted, he knew he had to stop her but he didn’t want to.

   “I can get you till the kingdom walls.” The captain said. Rosé looked up at the captain with sparkling eyes. “But from there, you would be on your own.”

   Rosé nodded as she followed the captain out of the palace and towards horse stable.

•°•°•°•°

   Rosé and the warrior captain rode on two different horse.

   One was a white lady horse, which Rosé rode on and another was a brown male horse, which the captain rode on. Rosé had to cover to wear a cloth mask to make sure no one recognized her.

   As the two got closer to the kingdom walls, for the first time in her life, Rosé saw the kingdom doors. It was as if it was a normal door for a giant, it was big; it was covered in strips of iron and bolts.

   “After you leave the door, you're on your own.” The captain said, as he leaned a little bit near Rosé.

   She hummed as she looked at the many armed warriors, on top of the walls, below near the gate and in the hallways that were built inside the walls.

   The horses stopped walking once they got close to the kingdom gate, only a few centimeters to the gate. The captain got off of the horse and walked to the other warriors which were posted there.

   Rosé heard the hooves of another horse. Rosé looked to my right and saw a girl coming near on the horse. She came near Rosé and stopped as a warrior came towards her.

   “Who goes by?” The warrior asked. The girl rolled her black eyes, she took her hands under her cloak hood and pushed it back, revealing her face only to the warrior.

   “Jisoo Kim.” The girl simply replies. The warrior was about to ask something before ‘Jisoo’ cut him off. “Came to the city to get some supplies, live out of the walls.”

   The warrior nodded before he walked to the chain wheel thing.

   “Both go by.” The captain said.

   The warrior who came before nodded before he pulled on the chains with the help of two other people.

   The door slowly went up, revealing the woods that they were protected from. Rosé didn’t notice Jisoo staring at her with cold dead eyes.

   As soon as the doors reached the top, Jisoo looked forward, yanked on the leather reins of the horse and rode off. The captain came and grabbed on the reins that Rosé held.

   “I’ll keep your parents busy so you can get far enough.” The captain said. Rosé looked at him with scared eyes. “We can go back if you want.” Rosé looked at the woods then back at the captain.

   “I don’t want to go back.” Rosé said. The captain nodded, letting go of the reins. He walked forward to the horse’s face.

   “Keep her safe alright?” The captain said as he patted the horse’s face.

   The horse let out a neigh. The captain let go of the horse and walked back.

   “Stay safe.” He said, looking up at Rosé.

   “Thank you.” Rosé smiled.

   The captain bowed, Rosé bowed her head before she yanked at the reins making the horse gallop away.