Standing up, Taking Down

Hey everybody, sorry for the huge wait between updates. That was the last time, I promise. Anyway, I just want to thank everyone who's read, voted, and commented so far! This storie's had an awesome reaction! Thanks so much- MEL & ELLE

~

   GERARD'S POV

  ''Get up! Gerard, it's Monday!" Mikey yelled from downstairs.

I covered my face with my pillow. I'm extremely tired, but on the bright side, I'm not thirsty anymore. But Jesus Christ do I have a hangover. Frank wasn't kidding when he said you could get drunk off of somebody.

''C'mon, Gerard.'' Mikey whined, prodding me in the side, trying to get me to move but my head was just pounding.

''I'm coming, Mikes, just give me a second.'' I pleaded with him, trying to get just five more minutes of sleep.

''Okay, just don't miss the bus.'' Mikey said, giving up and walking downstairs, hearing his footsteps as we trotted.

~

 I layed there for another couple of minutes before dragging myself out of bed, I looked at myself in the mirror. I have a reflection now? I guess that's another thing Frank didn't mention to me. I had bloodshot eyes and dark circles around my them as well. Eh, I guess some things never change.

   The headache was already subsiding as I was pulling on my black jeans and sliding a long sleeved shirt over my head. I guess vampire hangovers don't last too long. I looked at my alarm clock, I only had a minimal amount of time to get ready. Shit.

~

 I made my way down to the bus stop just as the big yellow bus rounded the curb. Perfect timing.

  ''Didn't think you'd make it, Gerard.'' Mikey said, his arms crossed over his chest. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not through his poker face. His grey beanie was on top of head, his black button coat covered his torso.

  We got on the bus and walked to our usual seats behind the driver, so we didn't have to talk to people. We just rode to school in silence without anything happening, a normal, boring weekday. Me and Mikey peeled off to our separate classrooms without saying a word, neither of us tend to say much at school, simple as just doing our time and leave. We don't necessarily think of school as 'fun' We tolerate it.

  I walked into my first period class after I stopped at my locker, staring straight at the ground trying not to make eye contact with anyone. I put my books down on my assigned desk seat and noticed someone had already but there books down on the desk, also sitting in the seat. I looked at the tattooed arm and traced it to the owner.

What. The. Fuck.

FRANK'S POV

  ''Hello, Gee.'' I said cheerily, shooting up out of my seat. He had an astonished expression on his face. Ha!

''Can I talk to you out in the hall?'' Gerard whispered, trying to ignore all the stares we were getting because of my  tattoos and piercings. I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of liking the attention.

''Sure.'' I said and walked out the door with Gerard behind me. We were out in the hallway, he pulled me into a corner.

''What the fuck are you doing here?" He spoke sternly, looking around making sure nobody would overhear us.

'It's really simple, Gee...'' I said while laughing, trailing off.

''What's so simple?!" He whisper screamed in my face.

''What? Can I not spend some time with my new friend?'' I said with a soft voice, acting hurt.

''No." He began with a blank face. "Now why are you really here?'' Gerard pushed, letting out a long breathe of air.

''I already told you this, Gee. People would be suspicious. I told everyone I met you here. I kind of need to be here, plus, Ray and Mikey are gonna be looking for me now, so I have to be here and look at all the potential meal- I mean friends.'' I explained for the second time, telling him the real reason I came here. ''We have all the same classes, so I'll know where to go.'' I said cheekily.

''What?! How the hell did you manage that?!'' Gerard yelled, earning him a glare from a teacher across the hallway.

''I just signed up for the same classes as you. It's not that hard, Gerard.'' I chuckled at his confusion.

''Fine, whatever, let's just go back to class. You're gonna make me late.'' Gerard rubbed his face in frustration.

''Actually, you we're the one who pulled me out of class, so you're making me late.'' I corrected him, making him even more pissed. He looked at me with genuine, anger ridden eyes.

''Lets go.'' Gerard said while trudging back to class.

 Right when we walked in the door, a paper wad flew through the air and hit Gerard on the side of the head. He payed no attention to it, acted like it didn't even hit him and walked to his desk, but before he could take a seat, the jock behind him kicked his chair out from underneath him. Gerard fell to the ground, turned around and flipped the guy off before picking up his chair and sitting back down, looking royally pissed off, but yet slightly embarrassed.

 Where the fuck is the teacher? When do they get in here and start class like they're supposed to.

''What's wrong, emo? Don't wanna talk to me?'' The jock said, poking deep into Gerard's ribs, causing him to wince.

''Fuck off, Nick.'' Gerard hissed under his breath, it didn't do anything in his favor, because he kept poking him in the ribs. Why the hell is Gerard taking this shit? He could kick that guys ass in a second because, well, he's a vampire. Jesus, doesn't he know that?

''C'mon, say something.'' The guy, Nick said, kicking the back of Gerard's chair. OK, I've had enough of this shit. Gerard is technically my friend, I can't just sit by and watch him take Nick's teasing and bullying.

 ''Hey, douche.'' I walked up to Nick, I'm not scared of him. He thinks he's so tough and superior, I think not.

''Ha! What do you want, new kid, what? You think you're tough because you've got some crappy ink? Here's some news for you, you're just a faggot.''  Nick spoke in my face so close I could smell his breath, and let me tell you, it's wasn't very pleasant.

''And here's some news for you, you need a fucking mint." I said with a slight smirk. "Your breath smells like ass.'' I said, I can't really get up in his face because he's about half a foot taller than me.

''What ya gonna do about it, midget?''  Nick mocked my height.

I didn't respond, I just reared back and punched him in the jaw. I may have hit him a little too hard because I felt his jaw dislocate right when my fist met his face. He cupped his face in pain. The whole room gasped and I heard someone's shoes stomping towards the door, I turned around and Oh... the teacher finally decided to show up.