Secrets

Hello everybody. Here is another update. Please comment vote, fan. Carry on. :) - Elle

~

GERARD'S POV

I really don't know what came over me, but when Frank grabbed Elle's hand, I did the same to Mel. I always liked her but that's why I could't be around her. I would drag her down with me. She's too good to be dragged down to my level. But when I grabbed her hand, all the feelings I had for her just came flooding back. I don't think I can just ignore her anymore. Wow, that sounds so corny, but it's the truth.

 Melissa and I had stopped walking. I was so lost in thought I forgot I was still holding Mel's hand. I started to gaze over at Mel, her interesting, hazel eyes looking into mine with pleasure. "Melissa, can I ask you something?''

''Yeah, anything.'' She said, sounding really sincere.

''Are you still mad that I just kinda left you and Elle a couple years ago?" I spit out and asked, twisting my face in an uncomfortable expression.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked because I'm really scared of the answer. What if she's still mad? Would she have agreed to come if she were mad at me? Wha-

''I could never stay mad at you, Gee." Mel said, snapping me out of my thoughts. ''But Elle on the other hand is still pissed.'' She said with a small nod. Elle was never very forgiving, so I'm not too stunned. Wait, where exactly is Frank and Elle? They were walking together...

''Mel, did you see where Frank went?" I questioned while looking around, getting worried.

''They both went to look at comics. We'll meet up with them later.'' She replied, sounding calm and casual. That's a public enough place. I don't think Frank'll do anything, but if he tries, maybe Elle can take him.

We walked into the music store, I spotted an extremely familiar looking afro around the rock music section. Ray turned, saw me and Mel and waved at us to come over. It was nice to see him, he's a rad guy.

''Hey Gerard. I didn't see you at school today, what happened?'' He asked, some amount concern in his voice.

''I decided to take the day off.'' I couldn't really tell him I got turned into a vampire, now could I?

''Oh, playing hookie, cool. Well who's this?" Ray asked looking at Melissa with a friendly smile. He put back a CD he was previously looking at.

''I'm Melissa. Nice to meet you.'' Mel smiled sweetly and stuck her hand out. Her hand was no longer in mine, making me want her hand back as soon as it left.

''I'm Ray.'' He said, shaking her hand with a strong grip.

''So, are you friends with Gerard and Frank?'' Melissa asked, her eyebrows drawn. Oh shit. Frank doesn't actually go to my school, that was just an excuse.

''Uh... I just met Gerard yesterday when he ran into this store. I don't think I know a kid named Frank.'' Ray said looking confused, sliding his hands in his jean pockets.

''Umm... he just moved here like, two years ago.'' I said quickly, hoping that this subject would drop.

''Really? Because I'm on the student council, we help welcome all the new students and I've never heard of anyone named Frank.'' Ray said, still looking puzzled.

''Oh. I guess you'll have to meet him then. Maybe you'll recognize him.'' Mel chimed in, putting a piece of her short dark hair behind her ear then putting her hand in her jacket pocket. Her olive green jacket fitted her nicely.

''Mel, I think Ray probably has better things to do.'' I said, hopping Ray actually does have better things to do, it's not a good idea that he should meet Frank.