Part 31: Saiko Background

AT THE DORMS

"I can't believe I actually passed!" Mina said, holding up her license.

"Good work ladies, we've proven ourselves!" Momo said.

"Hey, we should definitely celebrate," Jirou said.

"What should we do?" Ochako said.

"How about we go out for ice cream!" Mina said.

"I like that," Asui said.

"Then it's settled, we'll ask Aizawa for permission" Momo declared.

"I look so madly in this photo!" Kirishima said, showing off his license.

"But check out mine. I look super heroic!" Kaminari said, showing off his.

The class, except Bakugo and Todoroki, were still showing off and praising their licenses to each other. I was just sitting on the couch by myself as I continued to examine my own license over and over. There weren't any mistakes on it that I was looking for but when I passed the exam, my name was at the very bottom of the board even though they said the names were in alphabetical order so my name should've been somewhere in the middle.

In addition to that, my exam paper, the one that showed everyone what they would need to improve on was blank. Perhaps I just got a perfect score but that was too good to be true even for me. I wanted to ask Aizawa about it, but as soon as we arrived back at the dorms he vanished.

I happened to glance over my license when I saw Bakugo walk by Yagi and suddenly Yagi's face had become bothered.

Using Awareness, I could see the feelings of others and Yagi's was a dark blue dread while Bakugo was a red anger, even though his face didn't show it.

'Something's going to happen'

And I was right for thinking so. Everyone had gone back to their rooms for the night. I can sense that everyone is asleep besides 2 people who happen to be in Yagi's and Bakugo's rooms.

The outline of them, slowly and silently left the building and I followed them outside. I trailed them from the trees and it was difficult to to stay quiet since I don't have any quirks for stealth.

"Kacchan, I don't think we should be outside this late," Yagi said.

Bakugo didn't say anything.

"Hey are you listening? I think we should head back" Yagi again said.

They both continued to walk with Yagi following Bakugo the entire way until they stopped at the same area we had comat training in the first week.

"Kacchan?" Yagi said.

I positioned myself on top of a nearby building where I could see the 2 facing each other. Because of the distance I couldn't hear what they were saying clearly, but it didn't matter. Bakugo unleashed an explosion behind him, launching himself right at Yagi.

Yagi dodged but it looked like Bakugo got him in the leg.

'Maybe I should step in............I think it'll be fine'

I think it'll be fine'