o n e

"the sun... is still dull..." the white haired lady murmered to herself when she opened her eyes.

she stayed flat in bed, refusing to get up or even move an inch before she felt like it. it seemed like too much of a bother and she only got 2 hours of sleep last night.

"good morning kosume~" her coworker's voice sang from the halls, getting louder as he got closer to the lady's room.

"good morning mahito." kosume replied back cheerfully.

the young lady in her 20s got out of bed and opened her windows as mahito invited himself in, and made himself comfortable in her bed.

"the sun's so bright. why do you open the windows?" the curse with light ash blue hair asked.

"i need the sunlight. my skin is getting paler every second. you know that." the white haired girl said in response.

the childish curse spread his body across kosume's bed and started humming a melody.

"what's planned for today?" kosume asked as she walked over to the blue haired curse.

mahito stopped humming and said, "geto is out with dagon, jogo and hanami so we're kinda stuck here, but we could go and eat out if you want."

kosume thought about the offer and finally said, "sounds good. count me in, in fact do you want to go now?"

mahito julted off the bed and said, "sure, i'll be waiting outside, see you in a bit." and with that, he left without another word.

"well then, i should get dressed." the white haired lady exclaimed to herself.

* * *

"where do you want to go?" the white haired lady asked the blue haired curse.

"hmmm," mahito hummed as he tried thinking of a place the two could eat at, "how about cheryl city." he chimed.

"sounds good." kosume chimed in response.

cheryl city, also known as cc was a nice sweet house. you could eat anything there. of course it was rather an expensive place but money wasn't an obstacles to curses.

"your hair sure has gotten long." mahito said as he ran his fingers through kosume's white locks. she giggled at the touch and said, "it sure has. i'll probably have to cut it soon. how short should i cut it?"

mahito thought for a bit as he continued running his fingers through kosume's white locks before settling in with his answer, "you should cut it a bit shorter than mine. this way we can match and i can style your hair."

a smile crossed kosume's lips as she agreed with mahito's cute enthusiasm. she was satisfied with what she had. but there was something she wished for, something she wanted to experience before dying.

"mahito, how white is my hair?" kosume asked as they approached cc.

"it's as white as the winter snow. ume." he said as he gently pulled his hands out of her hair.

she smiled again, satisfied by the answer she got.

"a table for one." kosume politely stated when she walked into the cafe. the lady behind the counter smiled softly as she directed the two to the furthest table to the right.

the two sat down silently and waited for the menu to be served to them.

when the menu arrived a couple seconds after their arrival the white haired lady decided to order right away.

"i'd like to order now." she said. the waitress nodded as she pulled out a notepad and a pen from her apron, ready to write down their order.

"i'd like a strawberry cheese cake, and a pineapple shortcake. and as for drinks, could I get a fresh lemonade and a cup of orange juice." she ordered as the waitress wrote everything down.

"anything else?" the waitress asked.

kosume shook her head and thanked her. the waitress took the notepad in her hands as well as the menu before leaving the two behind.

"how does it feel not being seen by the regular humans?" kosume asked for the 100th time throughout their long lasting companionship.

mahito didn't mind at all though, in fact he enjoyed being asked this specific question.

"i love messing with humans. i don't have to deal with the consequences everytime i kill someone. it's a nice and simple life." he hummed for the 100th time.

"that's great to hear. do you ever wish others could see you?" she asked, making small chatter.

"not at all. i like being invisible to the human eye." mahito said.

"if i do this.." he pulled out a mutated figure from his sleeve and placed it on the table, "no one will know that it was me."

before mahito could use his technique, kosume placed one of her hands on top of his and said, "i really want to have my pineapple shortcake."

mahito sighed, but his cheerful demeanor returned instantly as he lifted his arms up in the air in defeat.

"i won't do anything." he chanted as he lowered his arms, placing the doll back up his sleeve.

"i hate your jujutsu." kosume commented. "it doesn't compliment your face." she added.

"heard all of that before. flowers would suit me better right?" mahito answered for her. kosume giggled at mahito's childishness before saying, "you got it. also have you been using the herbs i gave you?"

"yeah, i'm almost out as well." mahito answered to which kosume frowned.

"are you following the dosage i prescribed?" she asked sternly.

"i've just been feeling a whole lot better when i drink the tea you make. who knew you could make sweet tea out of a bunch of grass and roots." mahito complimented.

kosume sighed as she said, "you should really use geto as an example. drinking too much is bad for you..."

mahito stuck out his tongue unknowingly and said, "yeah yeah, will do."

their small chatter continued before their order arrived.

"here's your strawberry cheese cake, pineapple shortcake, lemonade and orange juice." the waitress announced as she placed the sweets and drinks in front of kosume.

"thank you." kosume said as the waitress put down two forks and straws.

"anytime." the waitress replied with a sweet smile before leaving kosume to serve the other costumers.

"here you go." kosume said as she gently pushed the cheese cake and orange juice over to mahito. he grabbed a fork and straw before placing it down next to the cheese cake.

"cheese cakes are the best. how do pathetic humans like these come up with something so good."

"i'm a human too you know." kosume playfully said, making a sad face.

"you're different though." mahito said as he stabbed the tip of the cheese cake with his fork.