bonus chapter 7:

Clay cradles me in his arms as we watch Grayson situate himself on his designed chair on the high school football field. Gosh, my first baby is already eighteen and graduating from high school. He grew up way too freaking fast. My husband presses a kiss to my forehead, rubbing soothing circles on my hip. 

Even after twenty-two years of ups, downs, and many transitional periods, he is my everything. He is my entire world. And he knows exactly how to comfort me without making me feel like I'm completely crazy for feeling overwhelmed and sorrowful. 

It's been a month or two since we found out that our baby boy got accepted into Humboldt State University, ten hours away from us. It's difficult having him out for the night with his friends and boyfriend, but ten hours away...how the heck am I going to survive without annoying the freak out of my daughter.

Being the fifteen years old she is, she already is annoyed with me, but I don't want to be overbearing with my son now gone. He presses me up against his side, moving me deeper in his hold as if he can tell that I'm starting to stress out about everything. 

The three of us in the stands stay silent, Olivia texting her boyfriend with the fastest thumbs I think I've ever seen. I had no idea that anyone could type that fast. I glance up at my husband, needing a distraction from the ache in my heart. 

He brushes a piece of my hair behind my ear, presses a light kiss to my lips, and sneakily dips his fingers underneath my shirt to touch my skin.

"Mom, dad...please. If you could keep your hands off each other for one minute."

I blush at my daughter's words, even though I know that she and her boyfriend, Gavin, have probably done worse things by now. Gray waves up at us abruptly, and I turn to see the rest of the family making their way to us. 

Beau, accompanied by his girlfriend Julia, sit beside us. Robin, Cierra, Hawke, Zoe, and their thirteen-year-old daughter Madison join us as well. Luke, his wife Chris, and son Elias, Juniper, and Lloyd not trailing too far behind. 

I just realized how many of us there actually are. We should have our own designated section in the stands. I turn to my right to see that Olivia has joined her cousins and is in a heated discussion about the latest rerun episode of the Washington D.C. version on NCIS. 

The four of them are watching it like crazy and keeping up on all the episodes to discuss what happened and the theories they have. It's like a book club but for television.

"Mr. and Ms. Pierce, it's good to see you once again."

I turn my head to find the gentleman that my daughter calls her boyfriend. Clay tenses beside me, not entirely comfortable with Gavin dating Olivia yet, but with a subtle squeeze of his bicep, I calm him down quickly. 

Olivia squeals when she sees him, launching herself into his arms, and I can't help but be reminded of my relationship with Clay. He's so attentive to her, making sure she's comfortable and well taken care of, I don't know how my husband can't love them together. 

I mean, sure, his daughter is dating someone and he hates that entire concept, but I think he also just needs to get over himself. And honestly, the more time the kids are out of the house, the more sexy time the two of us get. We certainly can't get enough of it. At least I can't, not with that most perfect body of his. 

I'm insatiable.

The sharp voice of the principal forces me to turn my head away from Olivia and Gavin to focus back on the long, exciting, yet nerve-wracking graduation ahead of us. The last time that I saw graduation was when I was on my own at age eighteen, twenty-three years ago. 

Gosh, as a forty-year-old woman, I'm so freaking old. I stay in my husband's arms as we watch Grayson get handed his diploma and read his valedictorian speech aloud. This feels like such a Legally Blonde moment. 

I feel a hand running through my hair and gaze at Clay who didn't even listen to his own daughter be mad at us for being too lovey-dovey. A heavy kiss is placed on my lips as the officially graduated senior class cheers on the lawn. 

We let Grayson celebrate with his boyfriend, Wyatt, before making our way down to him.

"Congratulations, my sweet boy."

"Thank you, mom."

He hugs me briefly and goes up to Clay who tucks him hastily into his arms. They do that bro-pat thing before each going back to their respective partners. Olivia, Zoe, and everyone else (including Gavin) congratulate him. Soon, we let our children go party or whatever they do while the two of us head home.

"You know, we have the house all to ourselves."

"You sound like a teenage boy."

"As long as I have you, I'll be forever fucking young, peaches."

"How did you get so cheesy?"

"I spend most of my time with you."

He lifts me into his arms bridal style, carrying me into the bedroom. I giggle as he runs his hands over my body, taking my clothes with him as he goes. I yank his suit jacket off his body, toss his shirt over his head, and begin to unbutton his jeans. His lips latch around my right nipple, his fingers tracing my beautiful stretch marks and scars on my body. 

My hands find his muscular chest, following the permanent pattern of the tattoos that I've memorized. Kisses are placed on the insides of my thighs, his mouth soon sucking on my clit. I thrust and grind down on his face as I beg him to take me. His sensual derogatory words fill the room while I desperately try to get him to enter me. 

He can call me a whore all he wants because I'm only a whore for him. I'm his slut, and I wouldn't want to be anyone else. And I know that he just as urgently wants me as I do him. We go into the morning, our bodies collapsing from exhaustion around five-thirty a.m.

Thank goodness we don't have to worry much about our children. We know they are safe with their friends. We also know that even though they are in their teens, they aren't completely stupid. We've taught them to make good decisions, and I trust that they can tell the difference between good and bad.