chapter 11:

The rest of the day goes by pretty well, like most days. Bash and Clay both sit near me at lunch, discussing their thoughts on joining any teams or anything like that for the rest of the year. Clay immediately votes that he doesn't want to look for or be part of any group or sport that has teamwork, a part of it which I can't help but laugh at since that's the whole point of joining a group about anything. 

That was until I brought up the fact that they could join the boxing club. The gym in our school got renovated last year after the football team won some kind of championship thing (I honestly have no idea), and they put in some punching bags and whatever they are called. 

Because they go unused most of the time - the football team not appreciating the new space they got, and they could have updated the library but whatever - other students went for it. It's not a stable group of people, there is no true schedule, and you don't even have to talk to anyone.

Clay says yes to that almost instantly.

"I'm envious of you, Ri."

"Envious of me? Why, Bash?"

"Because I have been trying to get him to open up a bit for years, and suddenly you walk into his life, and he says yes to shit."

"I'm sorry that-"

"It's nothing to apologize for, you don't have to. I'm glad you're around, but I'm kind of jealous that he listens to you and not me. I've been around way longer than you have."

"If you want me to leave you two alone, I will. I don't want to ruin any friendship between you."

"No, please don't, that's not what I'm saying. I think I need to branch out a bit, hang out with different people."

"I'm so sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because I'm ripping you two apart. You guys have been friends for so long, and you're right. I'll just leave you guys from now on, and you don't have to-"

"Who hurt you?"

His voice comes out in a whisper, but it shuts me up quickly. I want to be honest. I want to tell him who has done me wrong and who has made me so scared. I want to, I really do, but I can't. I can't because I've already harmed him. He already hates me because of Clay, he already wants me gone, and if I do anything else...he might be like Alicia. He could be worse than her. 

I don't want to continue going through what I have. I just want to graduate and get out of here. I've already been accepted to CSU Long Beach, UC Irvine, UC Santa Cruz, UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, and UC Los Angeles. I just haven't chosen where I want to go yet. Do I want to get out of L.A. or do I want to stay? 

I'm thinking about an English major, I've always wanted to work in the publishing industry, but I don't even know if that's the right choice. I just don't know. And Westin. He has always wanted me to stay close to home, for about pretty much everything. Say I go hours away from L.A., what would he think of me? 

I have not been able to make a decision yet. I have a couple more weeks, but I really should be locked down on the choice, but it's just so freaking hard.

"Hey, peaches. Come with us."

"Where?"

"You weren't listening to a word I said?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright. Bash and I were talking about the boxing thing. You could watch us after school."

"I can't today. I have work after school. Thank you for asking though."

Clay eyes me skeptically, but let's whatever he was thinking to go. Instead, he throws an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into the side of his body. My legs swing over his lap, my dress slipping slightly up. His fingers latch around my thigh, disappearing under the soft fabric of my clothes. He caresses the inside of my leg softly as he trails closer to my vagina. 

At one point, with a smile on my face, I have to slap his hand away from reaching towards the white, lace underwear I have on today. Wearing nice underwear (except when I'm on my period) makes me feel beautiful. It makes me feel good about myself. The one downside - I guess - is that I think the man cuddling me likes it a bit too much. 

Bash stands when another slap of my hand comes down on Clay's hand from getting too far up. A blush covers my face when he winks at me before watching Bash wave to us and say goodbye to us 'lovebirds' as he so lovingly called it.

He grips my thigh together, his fingers digging into my skin at just the right amount of authority. I gulp subtly while trying to hide the growing blush that can't help but spread down my neck. I place my head on his shoulder, his other hand coming around to play with my hair. 

We sit in silence for a few minutes, no words needing to be said between us, and I have to say it's quite nice. With him, there is nothing but solace. No pressure, no judgment, no negative remarks, just relief. Relief from it all. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath of his cologne with a scent I can't quite explain, and my hand latches into his. 

He plays with my fingers delicately, his hand still clasping my thigh. I run my hand through the back of his hair but not going up too far because I don't want to ruin his hairdo. His hair is so perfect and soft, my black locks just can't compare.

Our quiet moment however is ruined.

"C, babe!"

He groans quietly at the nicknames given to him and the person yelling at him. He tucks his nose into my hair for a minute before turning back like the respectful person I know. Sure, he can be blocked up and have a wall, doesn't like anyone but me touching him, and has a few other things going on, doesn't mean that he's rude to everyone. I twist my head - though it still lays on his shoulder - to look at Alicia (I'm not surprised) who's standing there.